Esteemed Contributor

Well, Petunia Finally Got Bopped Good.

Petunia has been the bane of (Tess) the old girl's existence since she got here.

She runs right up to her and gets in her face, chases her upstairs, takes her paw and swipes at Tess's tail.  Tess is 12 and not amused.  She has hissed at P but to her credit usually retreated.....until today,

Petunia came barreling at Tess and she had enough. There was a very loud, sharp MEOW, a front paw came up and Tess gave P a good whack. She is lucky Tess didn't take that black heart off her nose.

Petunia took off into the kitchen, her eyes were like saucers. She wasn't injured, except for her pride.  We warned her about poking the bear or in this case a cranky old cat who was sick of the young upstart.

Petunia has steered clear of Tess all day.  Hopefully she learned a lesson.

Honored Contributor

Re: Well, Petunia Finally Got Bopped Good.

Petunia got schooled ! LOL 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  In cat-dom that's known as the Kitten Flattening Paw! Petunia's been asking for it!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Poor Petunia.  I know she was doing wrong, and Tess deserves her peace and quiet, but Pet was likely hoping for a playmate and some wild games of chase.  Couldn’t take NO for an answer!

She surely got her comeuppanceI!  I know you will give her some extra love for her wounded pride.

🐱💕

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

We knew one of these days Tess was going to give her a good thump.  I'm amazed it took her almost 2 years.  I don't think Tess  wanted to hurt her her, it was more like, "get away from me kid, you bother me."

P will be here 2 yrs. in September, time to concede the fact that Tess does not want to play. A good day for Tess is eat, nap in the sun, get the royal butt scratched, get a treat and then repeat the whole thing.

Petunia's good day is running around like a maniac.

We live with a hairy cranky senior and a wild toddler.

Honored Contributor

Maybe you need to get Petunia a kitten? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've been thinking about Petunia for a few days.  I was going to page you and ask about her.  I would have paged the wrong name!

Tess deserves some peace and quiet.  Maybe Petunia learned her lesson.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Petunia's just lucky she didn't have Millie, our retired breeder, as her "older cat". 

I was concerned our kitten, Rocko, would be too rough on Millie (Rocko was her great-grandson), but the breeder assured us Millie would be OK after raising kittens and "dancing" with the studs.

Well, Rocko scruffed Millie by the back of the neck one too many times, and Millie took him by the neck and thumped his head against the ceramic tile floor!  Rocko eventually learned.

They're no longer with us, but we miss them every day...

cimg0152.jpg

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  Oh heavens no.  Bite your tongue lol

We have all the cats we need.  Poor Tess would pack a bag and run away from home if we brought yet another kitten in.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Maybe you need to get Petunia a kitten? 

@Kachina624 I was thinking the same thing.  One of our local cat rescues won't even consider adopting out a lone kitten unless there are other young cats in the home.