Honored Contributor

Thank you @SXMGirl @meallen616  @Venezia and  @Goldenmoher!  I went in there with him for about 30 minutes after Frankie and I got back from her training class.  I put new canned food out for him, and he ate a tiny bit of it.  I really don't think he's eaten any of his dry food.  I hope he'll eat some more today, but I'll try not to worry about it.  I was very happy when he ate a little of the canned in front of me.  He's using his litter box well.  

He's so sweet.  I'd forgotten how special it was to have a kitten.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations little sweet Nenry!  It looks like you found your forever home.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  Thanks for sharing.  What a handsome little guy.  I'm sure Henry and Frenchie will be great buddies in time.  Isn't it great to share our lives with our precious pets....just makes life so enjoyable.  Wishing a long life full of laughter and joy for the three of you!

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@kitty60 wrote:

What an adorable kitty!  They tend to adjust pretty quickly.  I would just give him some time and space and it shouldn't be long.  Did you find out what the kitten was being fed?  I would stick to the same diet if possible.

Thank you @kitty60  @PhilaLady1  @Kachina624 @GCR18!  He is pretty special.

Yes, I bought some of the same diet that he's used to and also some Wellness.  I will feed him his same diet until close to the end of the bag and then gradually switch him over to Wellness.  He was being fed a mixture of Purina Kitten Chow and Simply Nourish  kitten dry and Authority Pate for kittens.  That's fine for now, but I'd rather feed him a better food for the long run.

I even asked what kind of litter he was used to and was planning to buy it.  It was scented, though, and I don't like scented litter so I bought Fresh Step unscented.  He's using it just fine.

I'm going to try my best to see that Frankie doesn't get jealous.  We've got a training class this afternoon, so she will have some time with me all to herself.  I wish I didn't have to leave Henry on his first full day here though.

@Nicknack  Henry could probably use a nap at this point.  Remember he's still a baby.  You and Frankie go do your thing and let him relax. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Henry is so adorable! Congrats! Our last kitty before our present one was named Henry and had the exact same coloring! Enjoy!!!!

Trusted Contributor

WOW, WOW what a cute kitten, I"d love to have him.

He is getting used to the house and so don't feel bad at any actions.  I did not read everyone's comments so you may have been told this before.

One suggestions i have from my experience, if you want Henry to get used to wearing a collar you might want to start in a few weeks/months.  I did not do that and my cat now REFUSES To wear a collar.  Also if you want him to wear any of the cute cat clothes, you best start in the next few months also cause that is a NO GO For my cat.

You are in the stage to mold his personality, however lovely you are with him, he will learn that is how "WE" behave so this is the time for all the huggy, kissy actions.

Enjoy the blessing that this cat will bring to your home.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@kitty60 wrote:

What an adorable kitty!  They tend to adjust pretty quickly.  I would just give him some time and space and it shouldn't be long.  Did you find out what the kitten was being fed?  I would stick to the same diet if possible.

Thank you @kitty60  @PhilaLady1  @Kachina624 @GCR18!  He is pretty special.

Yes, I bought some of the same diet that he's used to and also some Wellness.  I will feed him his same diet until close to the end of the bag and then gradually switch him over to Wellness.  He was being fed a mixture of Purina Kitten Chow and Simply Nourish  kitten dry and Authority Pate for kittens.  That's fine for now, but I'd rather feed him a better food for the long run.

I even asked what kind of litter he was used to and was planning to buy it.  It was scented, though, and I don't like scented litter so I bought Fresh Step unscented.  He's using it just fine.

I'm going to try my best to see that Frankie doesn't get jealous.  We've got a training class this afternoon, so she will have some time with me all to herself.  I wish I didn't have to leave Henry on his first full day here though.

@Nicknack  Henry could probably use a nap at this point.  Remember he's still a baby.  You and Frankie go do your thing and let him relax. 

@Kachina624  I left him alone for at least two hours after I played with him.  I threw his old canned food away and gave him new.  He sniffs it and then he scratches the floor.  He does that several times and then walks away and plays.  I think I was wrong in saying that he'd eaten a bite earlier.  I don't think he has eaten anything.  He's very sweet, lovable and playful.  I really hope he'll eat some tonight.  

He and Frankie know each other are on the other side of the door now.  There has been no barking or excessive interest, but it's obvious each is aware of the other.

He has a Vet appt. on Tuesday, and I'm going to get my Vet or the Vet Tech to show me how to trim his nails.  I bought some small scissor type clippers for cats.  His nails are awfully long.  I couldn't let Henry and Frankie see each other now even if I wanted to.  He could definitely scratch her eyes without even meaning to.  I may attempt to trim them on my own.  They hurt!

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Way too cute and he looks like he's ready for lots of mischief! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

WOW, WOW what a cute kitten, I"d love to have him.

He is getting used to the house and so don't feel bad at any actions.  I did not read everyone's comments so you may have been told this before.

One suggestions i have from my experience, if you want Henry to get used to wearing a collar you might want to start in a few weeks/months.  I did not do that and my cat now REFUSES To wear a collar.  Also if you want him to wear any of the cute cat clothes, you best start in the next few months also cause that is a NO GO For my cat.

You are in the stage to mold his personality, however lovely you are with him, he will learn that is how "WE" behave so this is the time for all the huggy, kissy actions.

Enjoy the blessing that this cat will bring to your home.

Thank you @Happiness Is Inside JOB.  I have bought him a collar and tag.  The tag has his name, Inside Cat and my home and cell phone #'s on it.  I haven't put it on him yet, but will see how it fits before we go to the Vet on Tuesday.  It's a very narrow kitten sized collar that I ordered from Etsy.  Thanks for the advice on the "huggy kissy actions."  I'll definitely remember that.

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for updating us @NickNack. Henry is adorable. Give him time to settle in. He'll start to come out and eat.

You might also want to get him a small kitty condo (the cylinder type, very simple) and a cardboard scratcher. That will get him used to scratching things that should be scratched and not furniture.

Congratulations!