Honored Contributor

I've been posting about getting a new French Bulldog in another thread.  Her name is Ava, and she's 3 1/2 years old.  I went to her breeder's house to meet her a couple of days ago, and her breeder wanted to bring her to my house today.  She's been here about an hour and a half now and is doing well.  

She came in and explored my house on her own.  She hasn't met Henry, my cat, yet.  He must be under my bed.  I'm sure they'll do fine together though.  Ava lived with a cat.

Ava is very shy, which the breeder explained to me.  As long as she warms up to me and trusts me is all I care about.  I think it may take 2 - 4 weeks for her to completely trust me, but I will be patient.  She's a very sweet and pretty girl.  I am so happy and excited to have her.  I've really missed Frankie so much and have missed having a dog.

4A7F2B19-C44E-4E3C-8F9F-999423C291EC_1_201_a.jpegAC486F75-FC47-4EA2-973D-CD1B32914FFB_1_201_a.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Ava is precious ... so happy for you, and wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!  Let us know how her "meet & greet" with Henry goes.

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Ava is precious ... so happy for you, and wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!  Let us know how her "meet & greet" with Henry goes.

@seaBreeze   I imagine there will be some hissing at first!  Ava may be scared of him.  She's been here an hour and forty minutes, and they haven't met yet.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack I'm in love with her already!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Congratulations, @NickNack! She's a real sweetheart. I love the picture of her looking at you with her chin on the floor. She looks as if she's always been there.

I am sure she'll adjust and warm to you in well less than a month. I am looking forward to Henry coming out of hiding and welcoming her to Chez NickNack. I hope you post more photos and let us know how the meet and greet goes, and her first walk, etc. HeartHeartHeart

Trusted Contributor

Welcome Home Ava sign.JPG

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

Ava is a natural beauty!

Henry can't help but love her.

Happy for all of you!

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Witchy Woman  @Dinaki   @noodleann   @on the bay  and @seaBreeze .  I just took Ava outside and Henry was waiting at the door when we came back in.  Henry arched his back but did not hiss.  Ava sniffed him and then walked away.  I consider that a successful first meeting!

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Cat Very Happyyeaeaeaea to HenryCat Very Happy

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

Welcome Miss Ava!

What a cutie you are.  You have found yourself a wonderful new home with a great Mom and a new friend. You look a bit puzzled right now, it’s all a bit new, but you will find your footing soon.

@NickNack 

So happy to see you were able to bring Ava home.  Furry family is so important, so special, I’m glad Ava is there with you. I think you were ment to find each other.  She and Henry will surely work it out when they both get a chance to settle in.

Please let us know how y’all progress, and thank you for sharing this journey.  I grieved with you and Frankie, and have enjoyed sharing Ava’s journey to home.

Happy Day!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras