Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

I'm so happy you're a full family again.  I hope Sweet Ava helps your heart heal.  

Sweet Henry:  please come out from wherever you are & meet & greet your new sister.  Be sure to give Ava kitty licks .. and to your Mom also to let her know you're okay with having another sister. 

I hope the three of you will have a happy & peaceful life together.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Thank you @Witchy Woman  @Dinaki   @noodleann   @on the bay  and @seaBreeze .  I just took Ava outside and Henry was waiting at the door when we came back in.  Henry arched his back but did not hiss.  Ava sniffed him and then walked away.  I consider that a successful first meeting!

You're right. If there's no real confrontation, it will just be a matter of time for compatibility to develop. Ava and Henry might become playful pals or just polite roommates in the same loving home.  But if no creature is hurt and there no is damage to furniture to assess, you will stay a confident pet parent. 

Ava is certainly lovely to look at and sounds very sweet. Frequent walks make a dog know you are attentive. They respond to seeing food presented reliably, soft voices, and petting when they let themselves show the need for that. You'll have Ava adoring you (and maybe Henry??) in a few weeks, as you've predicted. I wish that love on you all. 

I so admire your moxie in pulling yourself past Frankie's loss and finding a new animal to soothe you. Many people are afraid to give their hearts again after a loss. You show courage and confidence taking on an animal who needs what you have to give. God bless your joyous home. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome Home Ava!

[ Edited ]

@NickNack 

Congratulations on your new baby!🥰🎉

I'm sure your home will be a great one for sweet and shy little Ava.  

I look forward to hearing how she settles in and all the new adventures the three of you will have. ❤️

Valued Contributor

Ava is adorable. She looks so cuddly. You are both so lucky to find each other.  Wishing you many, many happy years together.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Thank you @Witchy Woman  @Dinaki   @noodleann   @on the bay  and @seaBreeze .  I just took Ava outside and Henry was waiting at the door when we came back in.  Henry arched his back but did not hiss.  Ava sniffed him and then walked away.  I consider that a successful first meeting!

@NickNack 

I'm sure Henry has been missing Frankie too and I'm betting they'll be great friends in no time! No hissing or swatting is a great sign for a smooth transition!

Congrats on becoming Ava's Mom!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

You're right. If there's no real confrontation, it will just be a matter of time for compatibility to develop. Ava and Henry might become playful pals or just polite roommates in the same loving home.  But if no creature is hurt and there no is damage to furniture to assess, you will stay a confident pet parent. 

Ava is certainly lovely to look at and sounds very sweet. Frequent walks make a dog know you are attentive. They respond to seeing food presented reliably, soft voices, and petting when they let themselves show the need for that. You'll have Ava adoring you (and maybe Henry??) in a few weeks, as you've predicted. I wish that love on you all. 

I so admire your moxie in pulling yourself past Frankie's loss and finding a new animal to soothe you. Many people are afraid to give their hearts again after a loss. You show courage and confidence taking on an animal who needs what you have to give. God bless your joyous home. 

@gizmogal   That was such a nice post.  I've always known I wanted another dog after one of mine died.  It just takes a little while to decide when.  In the case of Ava, I thought it could take some time to find a young housetrained dog that was available, but I found her quickly.  I was ready.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

I think it may have been better now, than later, when it comes to Henry accepting him.

DD has 8 indoor cats and when her pit bull and lab passed away (who the cats loved) she waited for 1.5 years before she adopted another pit bull (cat friendly).

Poor Charley (the rescue) took swats to the nose regular and often for a week or so, LOL!

Seems like the cats forgot what life was like living with a dog who wanted to sniff their butts all the time, LOL!

They're all fine together now though.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Sweet photos.  So glad that introductions have gone well.  Dear Frankie said, "Mama needs Ava, and Ava needs Mama."

Respected Contributor

Ava is adorable 😘 she’s also a lucky little girl to have you as her mom.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  Oh, that face!   It sounds like the first meeting with Henry went well, no dust ups.  lol

I'm so glad you and Ava found each other.

Please keep the pictures coming.   Have a great weekend with your new addition.