Trusted Contributor

Re: We lost our Golden Retriever last night. :(

117231681_10222595924317190_2551233797944971332_n.jpg

Trusted Contributor

friend.jpg

Valued Contributor

To be honest...It takes time and it will always hurt..I lost my lab/pit Mia at 11.  She had been sick for only a month...She had Cushings for a year but was maintaining and one night out of blue we felt a lump on her neck..In 3 weeks she was gone.  I had to get professional help thru the animal hospital..I really was a mess....for over a year...even 2.....I have 2 cats that I love dearly.  The cat in the kidney post Marley is my cat....I leaned on him desperately.....We got a puppy last year.  My husband really wanted to.  I didn't.  I am happy we have him though.  He is full of love and deserves all the great love I have for him.  God gave me and YOU this kind of heart...We must use it to the best of our ability.....It hurts but what joy....in the other chambers..RIGHT ???  Know that Jessie will always be with you...and will wait for you as you walk into heaven together.  I will say paryers for your hurting heart...I feel every bit of your sorrow and heartache..I know many of us do......

Respected Contributor

My heart aches that you lost your precious Jessie...

it has been 11 days and I know the feeling of loss

your family is feeling even now.   Hopefully one day

your tears will turn to a smile as sweet memories abound.

See the source image

@spent2much 

Honored Contributor

@spent2much - I am so sorry you lost your sweet Jessie. But she died at home, where she was loved. She knew you were there and she knew she was loved.

So many of us here have been through this. It will get a little easier, but she will always have a special place in your heart. It's hard, but when you love a pet both of your lives are changed forever, and you both give each other so much love and joy.

There are so many pups and kitties out there who need love. In time I hope your heart will open to share your love with one of them who will be lucky to be part of your family.

Our next door neighbor's almost 16-yr. old yellow lab died a few months ago. A few days ago she was walking in a park and found a kitty, about 5-6 weeks old. DH is a veterinarian, so he went over to check her out. She is perfect. They didn't want this right now and they didn't plan it. It just happened, but she saved a life.

For now remember all Jessie brought to your lives, and the fun times you had. And know we are all thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  THANK YOU so much and to each of you that responded.  It helps!  💔

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze  Thank you.  Yes, we have a lot of precious memories.  💔

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

So very very sorry.   We lost 3 in a row.

Just remember the love.

c63db5218c07fa8b0b12a39c373195da.jpg

Respected Contributor

@spent2much I'm so sorry for your loss.  Honestly, I still cry for my loves, I miss them so much, but time does help heal.  

Regular Contributor

I'm so late to this thread, may I add my heartfelt sympathy on your loss.  I lost my pup last Thursday and I've been kind of a mess since then, but I did want to tell you that with time it will become bearable.

You'll never, EVER forget, but you will remember only the good times and the joy you gave and received to your furry baby.  I promise.