Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We feed our dog, Ginger, when we eat. After she finishes her kibble, she goes under the dining room table, peeks out, stares up at me, and waits for her “dessert” treat. She does this every night.

This photo is from Fall 2019 (hence the leaves tablecloth). 

EEE05DCA-3072-4A6F-AC8C-F83B0DAC6734.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

My girl Meadow sits patiently by me or rest her chin on my lap. She knows

that she will get a small taste or one of her treats when I am finished with

my meal.

Honored Contributor

Kingston isn't shy and he's very much a manipulator, so he sits staring at me with those big, poor-pitiful, starving puppy eyes......sigh....I cave!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@wilma   That forlorn face is hard to resist!!!  We put a picture of our dog with this saying on our refrigerator:  "No you go ahead and eat.  I'll just sit here and starve because nobody loves me!"

Respected Contributor

Adorable ❤️ Mine all sit around us at the table staring. They know mom won't give them anything until the meal is over but daddy just might give in. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Waiting for a Treat

[ Edited ]

@wilma 

So sweet...

And, this is one reason I cannot ever have a dog.

One look, and I'm a gonner.

That pooch would be overweight in no time...and that's never good.

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooohhhhhhh my gawwwwwd- is that cute - that face, the look...those sweet pleading eyes....I giggled out loud at the obvious words of PLEASE GIMME SOME face she's making.

I love it - do me a favor - give her a kiss on that sweet soft face for me - I mean, really - her adorableness is killin me!

Valued Contributor

My granddog does the same thing but she often puts her head on your knees. We had a stray dog that we took in that would stand about 4 feet from the table while we were eating. He would stand on his two back legs with his front pays raised. He looked like a butler standing there.

Honored Contributor

@wilma   Ginger is so pretty.  You just have to love her.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Somehow I think she will not be disappointed, right?  😂

My grand dogs are tall enough to lay their heads in my lap at the table.  Of course they are weak from hunger.  Their dad seems to frown on this.