Honored Contributor

Re: WITHOUT OUR FUR BABIES AT THE HOLIDAYS

[ Edited ]

I remember when we had to put our dear Heidi down, she was so sick. Heidi was such a smart, loving German Shepherd. We were so distraught the first week without her, we thought we heard her running toward us and felt her brushing up against us when we were out walking in the woods. I would say it took a good year before we got used to not having her around. The poem is comforting.

Honored Contributor

Meaningful words and so true.  Our tears shed for the people who have passed and also for our pets .  When we lose a pet we lose a family member, one who was our companion, who made us smile and loved us unconditionally. 

I understand and relate to the grief of losing a pet and the poem brought tears to my eyes even though my last cat passed years ago.  I love all animals and know their worth and purpose on earth, I know we all do.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus My heart goes out to you.

Your loss brings tears to my eyes.

Trusted Contributor

Our first Christmas without my sweet Maggie 💔

Respected Contributor

that is a lovely poem, and thank you for sharing @Shanus 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To all "Fur Mamas": When I read this, I knew I wasn't the only one remembering lost pets, especially this time of year. I must have 10 or more beagles that crossed Rainbow Bridge. 

Yesterday, I finished Sadie's ornament to put on the Hanukkah tree. She was on my mind when I found this poem. Her ornament is hanging next to many "angel beagles" who I'll also never forget. 

Trusted Contributor

Dear @Shanus 

I'm so sorry you're going thru this sad time.

The poem is both beautiful & sad.  But very true.  Posting this poem as you did, just shows your memories of the love & kindness you had for your Sweet Sadie.   Always, know your Sadie has you in her heart forever & looks down upon you everyday.   Heart

Blessings & hugs being sent your way, 

Esteemed Contributor

So bittersweet. I remember my beloved beagles, Muffin, Allie, and Penny. My wonderful Maddie, now 9 1/2, may well be my last dog. I spoil her like crazy and her response is to be the most lovable and loving dog ever. She is the greatest joy in our lives, since we stay close to home due to my husband's dementia. Maddie now takes my husband for a walk, taking him down the street and back again.