Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

WILDLIFE ARE NOT PETS!!!!

THEY KNOW HOW TO SURVIVE WITHOUT HUMAN INTERFERENCE!!!

THEY HAVE BEEN DOING SO FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS!!!

Feral cats are not wildlife.  I have two birdhouses also.  We get plenty during the migration seasons.  Yes, the deer can find food on their own, we all know that.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Feral cats are not wildlife.  I have two birdhouses also.  We get plenty during the migration seasons.  Yes, the deer can find food on their own, we all know that.

If you read the o/p's post, she wants to  build shelters for wildlife.

Here's her post.

"I'm gonna get a couple styrofoam coolers from downstairs and maybe pick up a plastic storage bin. A friend agreed to make an opening in them 'cause I told him I want to set them up as a shelter for the wildlife this winter.  Last year we had a wicked bad day and the turkeys lined up in front of the kitchen window area against the house to try to keep warm.  The roof overhang and the mudroom jutting out, along with the shrubs blocked the wind for them.  So it finally dawned on me - like it's freezing here now - they must be getting cold also, so hope to help them out. Also gonna put some dried leaves inside the bins to add warmth.

Thing is, gonna place the "shelters" close together in an alcove, facing south.  I want to place closeby to save on tons of shoveling.  Just hoping all the various wildlife will hovel together in peace!

Do you think this will work?"

She said nothing about feral cats.

Nothing.

Not.

One.

Single.

Word.

About feral cats.

I maintain, wildlife are not pets.

They do not need human help to survive the winter.

They have been able to survive winters for literal eons without human interference.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

GoldenLocks -

KEEP UP THE THANKLESS,TIRESOME,SOMETIMES SAD WORK - THE ANIMALS NEED ALL THE ANGELS THEY CAN GET!

I APPLAUD YOU!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

If you read the o/p's post, she wants to  build shelters for wildlife.

Here's her post.

"I'm gonna get a couple styrofoam coolers from downstairs and maybe pick up a plastic storage bin. A friend agreed to make an opening in them 'cause I told him I want to set them up as a shelter for the wildlife this winter.  Last year we had a wicked bad day and the turkeys lined up in front of the kitchen window area against the house to try to keep warm.  The roof overhang and the mudroom jutting out, along with the shrubs blocked the wind for them.  So it finally dawned on me - like it's freezing here now - they must be getting cold also, so hope to help them out. Also gonna put some dried leaves inside the bins to add warmth.

Thing is, gonna place the "shelters" close together in an alcove, facing south.  I want to place closeby to save on tons of shoveling.  Just hoping all the various wildlife will hovel together in peace!

Do you think this will work?"

She said nothing about feral cats.

Nothing.

Not.

One.

Single.

Word.

About feral cats.

I maintain, wildlife are not pets.

They do not need human help to survive the winter.

They have been able to survive winters for literal eons without human interference.

@Anonymous032819, I did not specifically mention any animals, just put them all together under wildlife.  Turkeys were mentioned 'cause that's what made me realize from time to time there might be a need.  @luvmybeetle  was correct in mentioning feral cats! Any living creature(s) are included in what I plan to do.  IMHO wildlife helps us out from time to time and we should help them.  We  are all creatures on this earth and should cohabitate lovingly together.

In summary, @luvmybeetle is right and I'm in total agreement!

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme  I live in a rural area and have grown up with a lot of different wildlife.  Wild Turkeys always roost in trees at night unless it's springtime and they have nests for eggs.  I have a feral kitty hanging around and we built a shelter and put out cat food for the little guy.  You have such a kind heart to want to help all of God's little creatures.