Honored Contributor

WHAT IS YOUR CAT'S FAVORITE PLAY THING??

Like most cats, my  Bogey is a huge lover of boxes ..... if there's one around, he must try it out by sitting in it,  but he also needs to chew on a corner.   I guess that's part of his inspection process!

However, lately he has become totally fascinated with those styrofoam shipping peanuts !!!      I have my latest Dr. Denese shipment to thank for my new supply of  peanuts.   He loves to push them around, throw them in the air, and loves to chase them if they get in the path of air the fan is blowing.

So I was wondering ......   aside from the regular kitty toys .....  what's your cat's favorite plaything ?

Tink

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT IS YOUR CAT'S FAVORITE PLAY THING??

[ Edited ]

I had to put my beloved Nimbus down a few years ago. She made it to age 17. However, the two things that she loved the most were boxes and Q-Tips.

I am an avid online shopper so she always had a new box to test out. However, she would jump on my bathroom counter top, which was my que to give her a Q-Tip to play with.

I forgot to add that I understood the fascination with boxes, I never understood what was so mind blowing about a Q-tIP.

Respected Contributor

My cat is so beyond lazy.  It's boxes & bread bag twist ties that she bats around on the floor.  That's it.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

Any box Lily can squeeze herself into is a source of happiness.

For pure joy, she plays with Brownie, a beat-up wad of what used to look like a play mouse.  Every once in a while, I have to sew up Brownie, when I notice the stuffing coming out.  I guess the heart wants what it wants,

Respected Contributor

Our rescue cat - original owners moved and left him as kitten found this little boy sleeping on our deck having been hit by a car with damaged leg - we call him Scraggit and he is absolutely gorgeous now - anyway he loves the cardboard roll centers of toilet rolls.  He rolls over scratches them and holds them with his four feet he is so funny and we love him very much.  At the moment our spa tub has 5 toilet rolls in he carries them and hides them in tub.  Cats are great companions.

Honored Contributor

Regular cat toys-

springs

puff balls

Non-cat toys-

drinking straws

lanyards (I buy it at the craft store and they chase it around)

dominoes

glue sticks and glue stick caps

cough drop wrappers

pens

Respected Contributor

My Noah loved this!

Product Details

I would play with her by sticking my fingers in and batting the ball back to her. She would wear herself out before bed time, so I could go to sleep without her staring into my face for 15 mins wanting to play!

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

My kitty is 18, so his playing has slowed up.  His birthday was in July and he got a mouse with catnip in it.  He chewed it for a while.  Now it's in the pile with his other 48 mice.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

my ava likes to knock things off the table or end table (change, envelopes, etc.); she loves boxes and she jumps into them and any type of paper bag (if it's big enough, she will be in it).  I hate this but she loves to rub her face on the bottom of lamp shades.  It's funny but when you love your pet so much, you let them get away with more than usual.  I do have limits though. 

Cat Very HappyCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Our kitties can go wherever they like - day or night, so I'm going to say ---

my hair in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep! Smiley Wink

They have numerous toys, and we always leave a tipped brown grocery bag in the kitchen for one of the girls. Our little one will play with anything, but he really likes bottle caps and bras. He likes to knock down DD's bras she hangs in the shower to dry and drag them through the hallway and under DS' bed. He doesn't bother mine at all! Go figure! One of the girls likes plastic bags too. 

We have so much fun watching them play! Smiley Happy