Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

Westminster Dog Show ~  141 years.  

A Labrador has NEVER won!

Could this be the year of the Lab?  

GO Labbies !!! Heart

I'm a long time collie owner and always look for a rough coated collie to win.  Only happend once in the history of Westmister -- in 1929!  Seems some breeds just get ignored.  I'll be thinking of you when I see the labs!  Woman Happy

Like I said above, its all about the politics.  As long as there a decent German Shepherd in the herding group, it will be picked.  I don't think they should be in the herding group; they're working dogs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Toby, my little Tibetan Spaniel (Non-sporting group), & I will be watching!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Toby, my little Tibetan Spaniel (Non-sporting group), & I will be watching!

@SurferWife  I love Tibetan Spaniels!  A good friend of mine has one, and she's wonderful.  Another friend of mine in the UK breeds and shows them.  That's one of the breeds that they often go to commercial break when they're on the table.  It's so irritating.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Thank you for the reminder.  I don't have a dog, but I love to watch the dog shows.  This reminded me of a film on DVD I saw the other day.  It's called Best In Show.  It was hilarious.

I love "Best In Show."  I haven't seen it in years.  I would love for it to come on TV so I could record it.

I watch Westminster for the Toy Group (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and Japanese Chin) and the Non-Sporting Group (French Bulldogs).  I've had many Cavaliers, a Japanese Chin and now I have a French Bulldog.  They usually go to a commercial break when the dog I want to see is being shown.  It's so disappointing.

@NickNack. Great movie. Sad that except for those red box places at Seven Eleven, no DVD rental places left.

You can buy the DVD at Amazon.  Cost is $7.97.  

Honored Contributor

@NickNack...I totally agree that Tibbies are under appreciated and not widely known. I love my baby boy! ❤️🐶❤️

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I love the Toy group.......I have Maltese and my daughter has a Shih Tzu...

Respected Contributor

What network is it on? I missed the last 2 years because I could not find it. 

Respected Contributor

Funny story, Several years ago when my kitty girl was just a bitty kitty,  the dog show was on.  I was chanel surfing and every time i landed on the dog show Trinket perked up and took interest.  I landed on the dog show again and a small Black Poodle was doing it's go round and Trink hopped off the couch, ran to the T.V. and started bapping the screen at the Poodles Top knot.  Imagine my suprize the next morning when That Poodles picture was in the paper as the Best in Show!  Now if I could only get her to do that with The kentucky Derby....

Re: WESTMINSTER DOG SHOW

[ Edited ]

Don't miss Toby, the Tibetan Spaniel, from Shilo Kennels. He will be there.

Honored Contributor

@conlt it looks like tonight it's on FS1 and maybe National Geographic Wild (I don't have access to the second one so I can't say for sure).  I miss when it was on either the USA channel or Animal Planet.