Honored Contributor

Viral 'Scaredy cat' Dalmation pic

This is the hilarious and perfectly-timed photo that captures the moment a Dalmatian was left terrified when his friend snuck up on him.

Ten month old Rocco, a Dalmatian, was so shocked that he jumped completely off the ground after being surprised last week by his friend Teddy, a Labrador cross.

Rocco is frightened of plastic bags, bicycles, flies and even plates. 

The hilarious photo has since gone viral on social media with hundreds of animal-lovers enjoying Rocco's adorably alarmed expression.

His owner, who has owned Rocco since he was two months old, said: 'When I saw the photo I wasn't surprised, because Rocco is scared of everything.

'Rocco was out for a dog walk with a dog walker and Teddy was part of the same group.

'The dog walker was trying to get a photo of him and Teddy came up behind him and gave him a bit of a shock.

'Luckily Teddy and Rocco are friends in real life, they've been for walks together before.'

The owner admitted the skittish pooch is even afraid of other dogs when they come in non-animal (toy) form.

'We have a saucer with a picture of a Dalmatian on it and he is terrified of that, he runs away if you show it to him.

'He's also scared of bin bags, plastic bags, lawnmowers, flies, bicycles,

'He's just a pup, so he's still finding his way. I'm sure he'll grow out of it, he is starting to find his feet a bit more now.'

This  perfectly-timed photo shows the Dalmatian Rocco looking like Scooby Doo after his terrified reaction when friend Teddy, a Labrador cross, sneaks up on him while on a walk

Rocco's owner Adam Pharoah, pictured, said he wasn't surprised to see the photo because his pet is 'scared' of everything including plastic bags, bicycles, flies and even plates

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5699297/Zoinks-Shaggy-Terrified-Dalmatian-pictured-looking-l...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Viral 'Scaredy cat' Dalmation pic

Poor pup!  That phot is funny but I feel sorry for Rocco.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9

I completely agree.

Although it was one of those 'perfect timing' photography moments, I felt bad for Rocco that he has that much anxiety.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Yeah I am not a fan of posting photos/videos of startled animals especially when you know the pet is easily frightened at this point in their lives.  Boo.