Respected Contributor

Video of Cat who misses dog after being apart for 10 days...So stinkin cute!

[ Edited ]

Wanted to share this....

This video really tugged at my heart, and was too funny for words......I am so happy  a youtube video was created, so everyone can share and enjoy this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvXMVDOhgJ4#t=37

Honored Contributor

Re: Video of Cat who misses dog after being apart for 10 days...So stinkin cute!

LOL  But I'm not sure the dog missed the cat!

Honored Contributor

Re: Video of Cat who misses dog after being apart for 10 days...So stinkin cute!

It looks like the cat is aggressively attacking the dog.....not greeting the dog.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi SeaMaiden,

The youtube video displays the cat licking the dog in the beginning.

I have indoor cats and dogs, and outdoor pro guard dogs, and they all get along great.

When one of my indoor dogs needed prolonged vet treatment and was gone for 1 week, he was greatly missed. All the other animals became quiet and sad, their eyes questioning us, and the inside pet group stayed on his big comfy warm rug, where he used to nap and rest.

I have to say my cats treated him the same way as soon as we brought him back from the Vet. They were licking, clinging, and holding on to him, and being very affectionate in a way that showed they missed him, and wanted him to stay near them. (They purred, nuzzled against him, and showed their affection at the same time).

As for my dog he also licked them and his tail was wagging furiously. 

He also missed his furry pals and stayed to give and receive all the affection he was given.

Afterwards he laid down on his indoor large rug, and the indoor pets nuzzled him, and they all fell asleep close to him.

When he awoke he went into the back yard area, and the pro guard dogs ran to him with their tails wagging. They had a great welcome back I missed you romp and then he came back indoors. His eyes were bright with happiness and his tail was wagging with joy. He was back home, and knew he was very much missed by everyone, and so very loved.

Many animals feel all the same emotions humans do, and display their happiness and sadness, as well as depression and agitation.

In this youtube video I truly do not see any aggression.....and I doubt if the owners would have allowed any aggressive behavior towards the dog enacted by the cat.  

As for that dog, he looked like he accepted the cat's display of affection, but on the other hand who knows what he really felt, because the dog could be old and in pain and may have not been able to tolerate too much affection from the cat.