Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vetmedin Availability and Alternatives

@BklynKinsey,  my dog's dose is 1.25mg twice a day and I found it easier and less expensive to get the 2.5mg and break it in two (I wish all meds were so easy to split).

I don't know if it will work for you but check out petcarerx.com.  I subscribe to their Plus plan ($99 a year with a refund guarantee if you don't save at least that much) and save well over the plan fee.

At present they only have 1.25mg tablets with a limit of 30 tablets per order.   The PetPlus cost is $27 and you can schedule automatic delivery from every week to once a year.

The 30 tablet limit doesn't work for me since my baby gets that twice a day.  I haven't called them about this but their customer service is top notch and if at all possible will work with getting me a larger quantity until the 2.5mg is available.

Also, as a note, the PetPlus price for 100 enalapril 2.5mg is $10.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

We get Pimobendan, which I thought was the generic for Vetmedin, through Wedgewood Pharmacy, a compounding pharmacy in New Jersey.  I am about to refill, so I hope it is not scarce

Respected Contributor

My Maltese is on Vetmedin 2.5, I break in half.
I'm on auto ship from Petco 60 tabs, never have a problem. Price much lower than my Vet.
Super Contributor

@Marp  Thanks for the info re: Petcarerx.  I signed up and I'll see how that works out with the supply going forward.

@Dazlin  I checked the Petco website, but they only have 10mg available right now.

Respected Contributor

@BklynKinsey , oh im surprised to hear that, I just got a delivery last week.   Hope your able to get it somewhere. 

There actually is a generic. Vetmedin is a chewable form of the medication Pimobendan.