Super Contributor

@qvcfreak  Your babies are ADORABLE!!!Heart

You are a good doggie mommy!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Yes @arrabella  gift from my husband. Got her June 24th.

His friends Pom was used as the Stud and they were given a puppy and they gave her to DH who gave her to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Costs of everything has skyrocketed.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak,

Three beauties! Love when you post pics!

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Esteemed Contributor

My dog received his parvo, distemper and rabies vaccines last week.  Took a stool sample and had that checked as well.  My bill was $300.    He had been under the weather two weeks prior to that and had gone in for a check up, blood work and urinalysis.  That bill was $370.   (Never did find out what was wrong with him, by the way). We are assuming his arthritis was acting up.  He's fine now.

He also got groomed last week.  That was another $175.  

Honestly, I don't know how some people afford to have dogs.  They are quite the expense.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Veterinary costs

[ Edited ]

My dog (16 lbs.) got the Cytopoint injection recently and it was $92.  See if you can stretch out beyond monthly.  Sometimes we can go a couple months without the injection, but when the itching starts, we get it for him.  All that scratching is miserable for us all.

Senior profile blood work: $292.

Non-anaesthetic dental: $192.

Glad I only have 1 dog!  Would post a pic if I knew how.

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1  Not everyone takes care of their dogs as people here seem to.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

@Citrine1  Not everyone takes care of their dogs as people here seem to.  

That's very true.  I know some people who do the rabies shot, but that's about it.  

Super Contributor

Veterinary costs have skyrocketed in the last 6-8 years ... and its the pets that will suffer.

Respected Contributor

I live in a huge senior community and I know that a lot of people would not be as active without their pets to care for. 

There are days when I might not want to get out of bed or get dressed if not to care for my two dogs.  A lot of retirees have a good income but the vet prices being so high they feel they cannot afford to adopt an animal.  Not only are the vet bills high but the heartworm medicines and flea protection.  Seniors who are retired have all the time for a pet vs. someone working all day and leaving the pet for 10 hours a day.  But just a teeth cleaning can set you back a lot of money.  I just wish there were places that seniors could go with their pets to get good vet care without it costing them a fortune.  I know there is the humane society but you have to wait forever to get an appt.