Esteemed Contributor

I'm taking my dog to the vet.  They plan to bring the dog in from the car while I wait outside in my car.  The vet will call me from the office while I wait.  Hope everything goes well.  I will wear a mask while the dog is being taken from the car and upon return. 

Respected Contributor

Sounds like when I took my husband to an emergency dental appointment last week 😀.  It should go just fine. 

Honored Contributor

A friend of mine had the unfortunate experience to put their dog down. He was very, very sick. Due to our governors insanely strict guidelines they weren't even able to be with their dog in the end. They had to say their good byes in their vehicle. Poor dog had to be put down with strangers holding him. Makes me cry everytime I think of it. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Snoopp   I've had to take my dog to the Vet several times since they implemented this procedure.  It went very smoothly.  The Vet spent about 20 minutes talking to me on the phone after the exam.  I much prefer going into the exam room with my pets, but this does work well in this situation.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

A friend of mine had the unfortunate experience to put their dog down. He was very, very sick. Due to our governors insanely strict guidelines they weren't even able to be with their dog in the end. They had to say their good byes in their vehicle. Poor dog had to be put down with strangers holding him. Makes me cry everytime I think of it. 

@ID2   That's awful!  It makes me cry to think about it.  My Vet has exceptions for end of life situations.  You can go in with your pet at that time.  That would be unbearable to not be able to be there.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

WOW - while my vet is doing curbside they are making exceptions for those situations.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2   That's awful!  It makes me cry to think about it.  My Vet has exceptions for end of life situations.  You can go in with your pet at that time.  That would be unbearable to not be able to be there.

@NickNack 

I agree, how heartbreaking that would be.

Luckily, our Vet is mobile and comes to the comfort of our pet's home, while we cuddle them and tell them how much we love them and how much we will miss them.

I just can't imagine it any other way.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@Snoopp 

We just went to the Vet's today for 3 year rabies shot. I also had her nails trimmed sincethe Groomer is still closed.

The vet had numbered parking spots & the phone # you call when you arrive. We stayed in the car. They took our dog in & brought her back out. It went pretty smoothly. 

Honored Contributor

My DH just took our dog to the vet for boosters and nail trim. He called when he arrived, stayed in the car, and tech came out to get the dog. Doc called him with info, and another person took credit card number over the phone for payment. Dog was brought back to car by tech. 

Esteemed Contributor

Everything went fine.  I will be returning next month to get dogs rabies shot and nails done if he feels well enough by then.  I rather liked it, visit went fast.🐶