Honored Contributor

I try to avoid speaking for other people @goldensrbest  however I feel pretty confident writing that we in the Pet Lovers forum, especially those who have gone through this same thing, send out hugs to you and positive vibes.

Image result for hugging meerkat"

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

A few months ago I adopted a senior GSD that was not fed well and not medicated.  I worked with vet and got him eating and well medicated.  One day he couldn't walk straight and had rapid eye movements.  It came on sudden so I assumed stroke.  Rushed him to the vet and was given diagnosis of Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome.  No ear infections or disturbances so just several weeks of "dramamine" and then one day as quickly as it appeared it went away.  Very scary but hasn't happened again. @goldensrbest  hope all turns out well for your guy.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   I'm very sorry that this is happening to your dog.  I know it's scary and quite upsetting for both of you.  It is obviously directly related to the ear cleaning.  I hope they can get to the bottom of it and correct it quickly.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

There seems to be a slight improvement this morning,i keep praying.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

There seems to be a slight improvement this morning,i keep praying.

@goldensrbest   I'm so glad to hear this.  I hope the improvement continues as the day goes on.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

This has been so scary, it is like he aged 10 yrs,in one week, praying he is getting better,want my boy back as he was.

Honored Contributor

It has started yet again, falling, losing balance, please say a prayer for spirit.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It has started yet again, falling, losing balance, please say a prayer for spirit.

Oh @goldensrbest , I am so sorry.  I was hoping the worst was over for Spirit.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

So sorry to hear this update and I will be thinking best thoughts for your dear dog.

I have a cat who had a couple of bouts of idiopathic vestibular syndrome a few years back--similar symptoms. I held him closely until he calmed down and brought him to the vet for the dx. It recurred a couple of weeks later, but it was a less acute session. Since then, nothing. I'd hoped your dog would follow a similar course. Will be thinking of both of you.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest Best of luck, sounds awful.  I've not experienced this (yet) in any of my pets, pretty sure I'd be frantic. 

Lots of prayers for you and Spirit.  Folks on this forum are usually on point, hope he recovers (as do you) after a few days.