Esteemed Contributor

Re: Very Upset & Still Shocked.....

@chrystaltree wrote:

You tried talking and you say others did too so I'm confused about why thought she'd be receptive or even polite now.   Anyone who leaves pets outside 24/7 is obviously not a rationale person.  So, you sort of asked for the abuse.  Do you have pet control officer in your town?  That's who you should report her to.  I wouldn't take anything she said seriously, she's not going to hire a hit man to take you out.  But she isn't going to do anything about the cats either.  

She " asked for the abuse " by telling her neighbor about her cats disturbing her peace at 1 AM?  Hardly.  And of course you wouldn't take anything the neighbor said seriously,you don't live on her block and didn't get her finger in your face.  I doubt the OP was thinking " hit man."  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

@MoJoV ~ Thank you for your reply ~ I appreciate the support.  I have to say Chrystaltree was right about one thing ~ she isn't going to do anything about the cats.  I saw one in my front yard this afternoon ready to kill some of the birds I try so hard to attract.  I tried to get a picture but it was difficult as I was trying to get it through the window and the cat kept hiding in the bushes.  I then called for a Community Service Officer to come out and fine her.  He came out and was nice enough but get this ~ if I want her to get a ticket for the violation then I HAVE TO SIGN THE TICKET!  She then has the right to contest it by going to court, then I have to appear in court as well.  Just what I want to do with someone who clearly has a few fries missing from their happy meal!  This is crazy.  Some of you may not understand this, and that's okay, but this whole situation has got me very depressed.  I'm sick of the disrespect, I'm sick of finding beautiful dead birds and other animals on my property, and quite frankly, I'm sick of being here.  I simply don't know what to do or where to go from here.  I feel like my property is no longer mine, but rather a community playground for others to do as they wish.  I don't expect anyone here to have the answer for me but I do appreciate all of you allowing me to vent. 

Honored Contributor

@Julie928  I feel for you.  You have created a happy life for your family and some nutbag has disrupted it.  I don't have answers, but I completely empathize with you.  I know this is easier said than done, but try not to let this put you into a depressed or unhappy place.  You seem upbeat and kind.  You are the better person here.  I will pray for you and your menagerie Smiley Happy , but also, I will pray for this woman to have some change in ways for the better.  She has problems, obviously, and none of us know what they are or where they stem from.  She doesn't sound happy because really, a happy, content person wouldn't act like this.  For lack of a better term, she must have hidden demons.  Unfortunately, her problematic life and personality has spilled over into your happy life. 

I don't have answers for you, but want you to know that you are in my thought and prayers.  You have done everything possible and seem to be staying on top of this.  Be diligent, but try not to let this consume you.  I care.  I will listen to you vent Smiley Happy.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs ~ Thank you so much!  That is so kind of you!  I just got in from working a bit in the yard and am feeling good.  Your advice is spot on and I intend to exercise it from this point forward.   I have a lot of good in my life and cannot let something like this rob me of ANY happiness.  Thank you again!  Your reply means a lot to me!  :-)

Valued Contributor

It sounds like you need to check the pet/animal laws for your state.  Some states do not allow unrestrained pets or the owner will be fined.  The 3rd ticket the owner will no longer have ownership of any pet.  Proceed with caution.

New Contributor

Why are you still trying to talk sense into this person. You need to help the animals. They cannot ask for help, and yet it sounds like they are showing you they need help. Stop worrying about the women and grab this animals. Help them.

Regular Contributor

You do whats best for these kittens!!!! The heck with this rotten owner!!!!  Take the poor cats and find them LOVING HOMES----PERIOD!!!!!   

Regular Contributor

One more thing ----if  these cats aren't taken, they will have TONS OF LITTERS..I HAVE NO PROBLEM STEALING A PET FROM A HORRIBLE OWNER..DONE IT BEFORE AND WILL ALWAYS DO IT IF ITS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE ANIMAL..