Honored Contributor

Re: Updated SCIENCE DIET Vit D recalls - 3/21/19

@Lilysmom wrote:

@SeaMaiden , we did exhaustive research before we landed up with a good food for our Lab.  It is hard to see the pets unable to keep food down.  Hill Presvripyion diet is on the list of foods NOT to buy.  LM

@Lilysmom   I switched to Nature's Logic brand for my  pups.  It has a 5 star rating comparing brands on Dog Food Advisor.

I no longer give grain free  since all the info came out about heart issues... they do fine on the grain and there is no peas or lentils in this formula either.

Honored Contributor

As to "grain free," I hope everyone is aware it isn't grain, per se, that was causing issues but items such as peas, beans, and other legumes.

In case anyone hasn't seen the specifics:

https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/blog/Please-Dont-Panic-About-the-Grain-Free-Thing-21893-1.html

@SeaMaiden 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

As to "grain free," I hope everyone is aware it isn't grain, per se, that was causing issues but items such as peas, beans, and other legumes.

In case anyone hasn't seen the specifics:

https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/blog/Please-Dont-Panic-About-the-Grain-Free-Thing-21893-1.html

@SeaMaiden 

@GingerPeach    Yes.   The problem stems from the formulas that are grainfree using beans, peas and lentils.  It is hard to find any brands that do not have the  lentils, bean and peas  that are grain free.  It is pretty standard. 

Honored Contributor

Great, I thought you might know since you seem to be someone who researches, @SeaMaiden   But I thought, just in case . . . 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

@Lilysmom  my dog hates it too.  I ended up throwing away a lot of it.  He's back to eating his regular food and he is fine.  Well he isn't exactly fine since he is diabetic but it doesn't seem to be harming him.  

Esteemed Contributor

@kitty45 , I think that is the only time I ever told my vet to stuff it.  I wasn’t bringing that stuff home again.  LM