Honored Contributor

Re: Update on we lost another dog today

@DAD   I just wanted to add to what I posted earlier.  My sister lost her 14 year old shih tzu last year.  She got a shih tzu puppy about a month or maybe two months later.  She is delightful but so different from her last one!  It took them a while to get used to puppy antics again, but they love her very much.  I would love to see pictures of your new puppies.  What are their names?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

They are all different for sure! I guess 12 to 13 years that have passed made us forget how much work they are! Luckily they do sleep well! As far as names I'll have to get back to you. We haven't decided yet! We did not expect to find Shih Tzu puppies any time soon! When I found a brother & sister & told my husband we were off to meet them. They don't know their names, it was only for paperwork. I have to find a first & middle name! They are our babies!

Valued Contributor

Yes God has blessed us! I asked him why all my babies? The next day was like a miracle You just don't find Shih Tzu's in our area very often. Our house is a home again!

Esteemed Contributor

@DAD That's wonderful news.  I'm very happy for you and your husband after all the heartache you've been through. Two puppies...how fun.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

I am so very happy for you!  I have a sweet older female Shih Tzu that I love with all my heart.  Christmas came early for you!  Enjoy your new adventure!

Regular Contributor

I'm glad you were able to open your heart to two new little lives.  They will help in your grief and healing and give you purpose. 

I read a meme somewhere on fb or the internet some place that says our animal companions who have crossed over The Rainbow Bridge want us to give another animal a chance at a happy home like they had. 

I like thinking that Ripper and Zuma and all those before are happy we adopted Mosey into our family. So here's good and happy thoughts and wishes for you and your new additons too!

Valued Contributor

We had a brother & sister & it is so fun to watch two grow that have been together from the start. They are very attached to each other & they entertain each other. That being said I had forgot how they love to chew on everything! Have to watch them constantly! They do sleep a lot at this stage.  We named them Teddy & Abbey. 

Honored Contributor

@DAD    I love the names Teddy and Abbey.  I had a cat named Abby a long time ago.  I really love that name.  I'm so glad you're enjoying them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I would like to think you're right! I know all our pets have known love. We are so happy we found them. I pray our most recent pack that we lost are together again & we will see them again.  I still get tears in my eyes when I think of them. Our new puppies are growing & so funny at times. Not so much when they are tearing up their potty pads! I do everything I can when they're sleeping! Merry Christmas to you too! They won't hold still for many pictures, I'm going to need help getting a decent one & getting it posted! But, I will!