Frequent Contributor

Update on my sheltie and his journey

So most of the hot spots have dried up but are still on his skin. I did try some of the suggestions given, of course crucial was getting a new vet and we are looking at food allergies. We are not free of this as of yet but one thing that I wanted to share is the owner of an independent pet store that is kind of like a health food store for dogs said to give him probiotics and they have been amazing! No more loose stools, no more messes on the pavers, which was daily. He is given this little amount of powder in his evening meal and because I have read so much lately about dogs that have this problem, I just wanted to share this. Today was first bath and grooming in months because the spots were so nasty and the food trials are still ongoing but much improvement! Also a tip from a sheltie rescue owner, medicated powder (gold bond ) on  the hot spots really helps. Prayers to all the fur babies out there who suffer with any kind of ailment and a blessed new year to all!

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on my sheltie and his journey

@share  I don't have a dog but my daughter has one (like her baby).

I just want to tell you (and everyone) who takes the time to post updates, etc of your furbaby's and their problems.

Often people come on with various problems (human or furbabies) and we never hear how they are doing.

It helps everyone when people come back and tells all of us what's going on STILL and/or how everyone is doing.

Honored Contributor

@share   I'm so glad things are looking up for your Sheltie.  I hope he continues to improve.  I'm glad the probiotics are helping.  You may need to give those the rest of his life.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@share That's great news. It's great when someone updates on the situation they posted about.

I don't have dogs but am always interested in anything to do with them or cats (I adore them). I'm so glad your sweet doggy is doing so much better.

Good for you for doing all the homework to help your pet and glad you got a new vet!

Hugs to your doggy Heart

Respected Contributor

Thanks for that update.  Great way to start the new year!

Respected Contributor

I hope your fur baby continues to improve .. I always feel so bad

as they can't tell us what is wrong or hurting .....