Super Contributor

Thank You All for your well wishes!  I too hope for a diagnosis tomorrow.

i will be driving her back and forth for the blood tests 4 hours apart rather than leave her there all day.  can not look at her terrified little eyes if I would leave her there frightened!

she is my heart Heart

Honored Contributor

A heart that beats true for you is a blessing.  You obviously treasure her, and are a Wonderful loving Mommie.

Unconditional love Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

@nougat, it was me who said my dog had two tests. The first was negative although she had many symptoms,  Vet decided o repeat it as she felt stromgly this was it.  The second one, a few months later, was positive.,  

Maybe try the Cushing's Test and if negative get diabetes.

Super Contributor

@bichon mom

yeah,  I asked the vet about your case and he said there are the few that do have to be repeated like that. I'm hoping we arent one of them!!

Vet does not think its Cushings but I do. I almost want a positive result just so we can start treatment and not linger in "not knowing land!"

Time will tell!

Respected Contributor

My 11-year-old Cocker Spaniel has ALL the symptoms of Cushings, yet this test (which is supposed to be definitive) indicates she does not).   I am sure your vet performed this test below.  I am hoping your dog is negative, yet I know you need an answer soon for your peace of mind--I know how heart wrenching this is for you, and for us pet owners seeing our loved ones suffer:

Urine cortisol creatinine ratio test.

Super Contributor

@seaBreeze

actually the test you reference: Urine cortisol creatinine ratio test is not the test for Cushings, its a  marker test  to tell you if you should have the Cushings test.

If it comes back 34 or below it is not Cushings Disease your dog has.

If it comes back over 34 there is a chance for Cushings.

My Tote came back at 35 (on the fence) so I went ahead and had the Cushings Test which is a 3 blood draw 4 hours apart each time.

what does your vet tell you it is if the Urine Cortisol Creatinine test is negatine??

did they tell you what your dogs number was?

i just learned all this going through it these past few weeks at the vet every week.

Super Contributor

@seaBreeze

I will look when I am home and post the medical/technical name of the cushings test with all the blood draws when i get home tonight for you.

My Tote just had this test yesterday, still awaiting the results.

Respected Contributor

My Gracey's result for urine cortisol creatinine ratio test was 21.     .

A year before her symptoms started, Gracey had 2 torn ACL's within 7 mo. which rendered unbelieveable amounts of steroids--I read where Cushings can cause weak ACL's as well~!    And yet, she received large amts. of steroids which can also affect cortisol level--a Catch 22.

I had a second opinion and she is a 'mystery' to these vets. To relieve her symptoms, she is on antibiotics most of the time, which is only masking the problem   Worse symptom is her skin which resembles Seborrhea.   She gets no grain or sugars of any kind, yet she has constant ear redness and secretion.   I have owned Spaniels for 37 years, and never had a case like this.   My best to you and your sweet "Tote"... may the results be "good news."

@nougat

Honored Contributor

@nougat  When are you supposed to get the blood test results?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

Prayers for you and sweet little Tote.  Sure hope you get answers soon and can get the proper medication started.. Its been a long time wondering what will help.  Hang in there..  Hugs to you and Tote