Respected Contributor

Re: Update from when I lost my dog a few weeks back-sorry-got long

Cookin,

Glad your heart is starting to "mend" ... they say time heals all wounds, but I know it takes years.   Will look forward to seeing a picture of "kitty" once she arrives.  Giving this kitty the love you would have shared with your other beloved will be good for your soul.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624That is one huge cat.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG - The last couple of dogs I've had have been litter box trained. Cat litter is not used - they have a dog litter and the litter tray has higher sides with a "cut out" area for the dog to step in.

Our latest little guy is litter box trained and uses the wee pads. He was pad trained when we got him and we kept it up.

For traveling purposes, he will go on the grass at the rest stops - but it took some time to train him for that. Now I just tell him to "go potty" or "go tinkle" and its on command, lol.

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak  This precious little calico girl will help to heal your heart...blessings and love to you and your baby girl!  AND, a kitten can be easily taught to stay indoors....do not let her outside, she is safer indoors!