Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why do they seem to get worse so quickly?

@Pipsqueak, I'm so sorry for your loss of Chewy last Friday....moving forward without our sweet kitties will be hard for both us. Staying with our beloved pets while the drugs are being administered is something I thought I could never do, but because of hubby's health, he wasn't able to do it. I was with our sweet Susie last August and now again today with Spuds, but I know it is not something that everyone wants to do. In any event, I share your grief for Chewy and wish you well as we all remember our sweet fur-babies with love, and gratitude for the joy that they brought us over the years. Take care.

Honored Contributor

Re: Update: Why do they seem to get worse so quickly?

@jannabelle1 

This is how I see the babies that we have given to the angels.

Animal angel.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, that's such a sweet picture! I imagine we can all see some of our furbabies in it! Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@ECBG, that's such a sweet picture! I imagine we can all see some of our furbabies in it!  Thank you!

@jannabelle1 

Thank you.

As our 2 sons grew up, I took them to high school with me.  When we would see something that had passes on the road side, we would describe what we thought "heaven"  for animals must be like since they have such pure hearts.

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 I am so sorry for your loss but am so glad you were able to be there for Spuds to the end.  One of our vets said some people "drop their animals off" and then drive away leaving it to their own accord.  I am glad you were able to give a small portion of the love back that you two have shared thru the years,

Regular Contributor

They just know I feel don't they.  So very sorry for your loss.  We made that decision at Christmas with our darling dog.  I feel he knew it was his time and he went very peacefully.  It's changed my perspective on life as I was totally in love with him.  I want to enjoy everyday as much as I can with our other aging little boy.  Life really is too short, especially for our funny and unconditional loving, faithful pets.