Respected Contributor

Back from Vet...went soooo great!!   He listened, took notes, asked tons of questions and spent a long time with us.  Examined Teaspoon again, and repeated bloodwork.  Her kidney function has returned to normal,  which shows the meds caused a spike in previous test last week.  That's to be expected with the meds, that's why we do it every 3 mos...just to monitor.    So Vet agrees to stop her meds for one week.  See if appetite returns.   Then we will start up only one med at a time, and see how she responds.   He wants me to call him before I start up to know how shes doing first.  He agrees her quality of life is no 1, and if she can't tolerate these meds, we will take another route.  Agrees to keep her as comfortable as can be for her late age.  She will stay on prescription diet, and he spoke with me about the effects of foods and proteins on her kidney's and heart.  I feel much relief,  he's working with me, and spends as much time as needed.   Thanks everyone for your caring replies!!  And much needed prayer🙏

Honored Contributor

So happy for you and your little girl!Heart

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

Back from Vet...went soooo great!!   He listened, took notes, asked tons of questions and spent a long time with us.  Examined Teaspoon again, and repeated bloodwork.  Her kidney function has returned to normal,  which shows the meds caused a spike in previous test last week.  That's to be expected with the meds, that's why we do it every 3 mos...just to monitor.    So Vet agrees to stop her meds for one week.  See if appetite returns.   Then we will start up only one med at a time, and see how she responds.   He wants me to call him before I start up to know how shes doing first.  He agrees her quality of life is no 1, and if she can't tolerate these meds, we will take another route.  Agrees to keep her as comfortable as can be for her late age.  She will stay on prescription diet, and he spoke with me about the effects of foods and proteins on her kidney's and heart.  I feel much relief,  he's working with me, and spends as much time as needed.   Thanks everyone for your caring replies!!  And much needed prayer🙏

@Dazlin 

Sending out more very special

healing hugs and positive energy

to your precious girl and more

comfort hugs to the both of you.

(((((DAZLIN & TEASPOON)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor
Appreciate the positive thoughts here😃. So far shes improving each day...since Sunday was last day I gave meds. Shes basically her old self, alert, barking, bossing Gabriel, HAHA...and no more shaking or hiding! Still a bit picky about eating, but shes eating all the her prescription
wet, or Turkey I cooked...I try mixing it in well with her food. Shes eating about 1/2 , but shes showing interest. Vet said we'll give it till Sunday, which will be 1 week off meds, and see if appetite returns. I think it will...because shes almost all herself. I'll post back Sunday....thank you all!!
Respected Contributor
Started up one med, Lasix(diuretic) Teaspoon seems fine, but even being off meds for 1 week, shes still picky about eating. I went to talk to Vet myself on Monday. They said meds should be out of her system and offered an appetite stimulant. I declined on that for now. It's a transdermal application and may have side effects. I said I'll keep working on her to eat...so far shes liking the wet food, and Turkey I cooked. But not the kibble, and no great quantity like before all this diagnosis and meds. For a little dog, she always ate EVERYTHING, never picky, and actually a bit overweight 🤣...just saying, how she loves her food. Dry too. So for now, I picked up a few more cans of the prescription diet, and I continue to get a little kibble in...all prescription food. Today I was opening up loaf of bread, and she came running over, crying for a piece...she LOVES bread....so I guess that tells me, nothing wrong with her appetite?? I gave her a tiny piece...she devoured it.
Vet even said I can try her old food, see if she wants it...she loved it before and ate it all, dry kibble from Taste Of The Wild. Nope, she doesn't want it either🙄. So I guess shes just liking the wet prescription..got spoiled..idk??