Esteemed Contributor

Just got a FB msg from a wonderful rescue stating:  'can y'all get her out here?'

I was sooooo happy when I saw that, I almost cried!Heart

Next move is gotta check with rescue pilots who could fly her out there (from MA to CO); then set up GO FUND ME for costs.  Think that should be a piece of cake compared to finding a place for Paisley!

Anyways, any suggestions would be appreciated.  And, definitely needing all your prayers and good thoughts! Thanx.

Trusted Contributor

Pilotsnpaws.org.  Wonderful of you to help this dog!

Trusted Contributor

Had you tried contacting border collie rescues in New England?

Esteemed Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

Pilotsnpaws.org.  Wonderful of you to help this dog!

Thank you @K9buddy.  I had no idea who to contact!

Esteemed Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

Had you tried contacting border collie rescues in New England?

Yes, in fact a nice man named Marc called me and we had a nice conversation.  Seems with laws, there's a lot to get around and most time consuming before they could take her.  But, if we can persuade the POS owner to let one of us adopt her, then we can proceed.  

Marc did mention the longer she is with this owner, she could relapse:  she had responded very well with Bob Clark, the trainer the town had sent her to for evaluation. So, they would have to do an evaluation all over again.

Just concerned for Paisley, as everyone in town is, hoping this works out - just getting it all together (red tape!).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: UPDATE ON PAISLEY!

[ Edited ]

Might want to contact local rescues concerning transport.  There is a big network that transports dog by setting up "legs"  One person may drive several dogs a few hours to a meeting place where someone else will meet them and drive another leg of the journey.  Believe it is all volunteer, might even luck out and with the Holidays find someone who is heading that way on vacation. 

Might also want to contact the Border Collie rescue in Ohio, might be easier to get her there.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme You're an angel on earth.  Thank you for your time and effort and love for animals.

Esteemed Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

@eddyandme You're an angel on earth.  Thank you for your time and effort and love for animals.

Thanx, @Equuleus, wish I were!  Actually a member of our Board of Selectmen, knowing I love animals, mentioned she was very concerned since Paisley wuld have been euthanized if they seized her and could not get a rescue to accept her.  Having little faith in the Town Manager, she asked if I had any ideas. Imho, all of us here would have accepted the "challenge".  But, very nice to say, thanx!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme

High Paws To You !!!

Bless you for caring, and for walking the talk.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Anyone who saves and animal is an angel in my book.