Esteemed Contributor

UPDATE - Jack my cat - thank you for prayers

Almost 3 weeks ago I posted here asking for everyone's prayers for my 17 year old cat, Jack, who has cardio-myopathy. I'm happy to say that he's "hanging in there!" I'm sooooo grateful for your prayers and kind words. I took him to the vet on a Monday and he was not expected to live more than a day...I then rushed him to the emergency vets and they "tapped" him, he stayed in ICU for several days--and now it looks like he might be with me for a few more months! I really, really believe in prayer--so THANK YOU!~

He's the love of my life----so please keep the prayers coming for my beautiful Jack-see! I'll keep you posted on his progress. If you have cats, then I know you understand the depths of emotions that I've been going through. You are all very kind people out there!

Trusted Contributor

Re: UPDATE - Jack my cat - thank you for prayers

I am so very glad!! We thought for sure he hadn't made it because there was no update. Thanks for letting us know the good news!

Continued prayers.

Respected Contributor

I've been a "cat mom" for over 40 years.  My oldest cat lived to be 19 so I certainly understand what you are going through.  Sending you and Jack best wishes.  Take care.   Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

So glad Jack is doing better. I pray he continues to do better and is comfortable and pain free. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361, I am so happy to hear that Jack is doing better.  We will keep sending prayers and good thoughts to the both of you.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

this is my first time reading your post about your love Jack.  Our 2 kitties are also 17 and the loves of our lives 😺 I know I would feel the same as you do ,  there really are no words ....Jack is part of your family .  I've been through this several times and I do understand the emtions that you feel .    Wonderful that he is holding his own now and I send prayers to you for Jack that he has many more months with you.  He is a lucky boy to have a mom that loves him so much and I beileve they do know when we are helping them and are there for them.. Sending prayers as I end this🙏🙏😺.   Please keep us posted on how Jack is doing won't you.

Honored Contributor

I'm so elated that you still have your

precious boy with you! Sending him

tons more very special love filled

healing prayers and tons more very

special love filled comfort hugs to

the both of you.

((((HeartGOLDENGATE8361 & HER BELOVED JACKHeart))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361wrote:

Almost 3 weeks ago I posted here asking for everyone's prayers for my 17 year old cat, Jack, who has cardio-myopathy. I'm happy to say that he's "hanging in there!" I'm sooooo grateful for your prayers and kind words. I took him to the vet on a Monday and he was not expected to live more than a day...I then rushed him to the emergency vets and they "tapped" him, he stayed in ICU for several days--and now it looks like he might be with me for a few more months! I really, really believe in prayer--so THANK YOU!~

He's the love of my life----so please keep the prayers coming for my beautiful Jack-see! I'll keep you posted on his progress. If you have cats, then I know you understand the depths of emotions that I've been going through. You are all very kind people out there!

@Goldengate8361 OOOOh my heart is full of joy now...Jack-See.....YAY... >^..^<Heart Smiley Happy

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

Way to go, Jack-See!!  He's one tough kitty and he has a very loving mom.  Great to hear he's doing better!

Respected Contributor

Goldengate 8361 and Jack, God Bless You!   And I truly do understand the beloved bond between you and him.....