Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,400
Registered: ‎10-11-2017

@NickNack , happy to hear the good news about Ava. I bet she ( and Henry) are glad she's home. Let us know how she makes out with her checkup.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,837
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@NickNack 

 

Glad to hear Ava's home. (By the way they make cerenia in tablet form in case she's nauseated after her doses of the injectable, which can only be given so often). A different food intolerance? Glad your girl is home with you--the best medicine of all.


 

 

@Sammycat1   I do have Cerenia tablets.  I gave her one when she was sick at home, and she threw it up.  They sent me home with more tablets.  They work well when I can stay ahead of it, but if she's already throwing up a lot she doesn't keep them down.


The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau





Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,837
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Thank you again everyone.  I very much appreciate everyone's concern.  Ava is doing well at home.  I'm just feeding her a couple of tbsp. of chicken and a small amt. of her Farmer's Dog every few hours.  She also is getting a Cerenia for four days and then I will see how she does without it.


The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau





Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,415
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@NickNack wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@NickNack 

 

Glad to hear Ava's home. (By the way they make cerenia in tablet form in case she's nauseated after her doses of the injectable, which can only be given so often). A different food intolerance? Glad your girl is home with you--the best medicine of all.


 

 

@Sammycat1   I do have Cerenia tablets.  I gave her one when she was sick at home, and she threw it up.  They sent me home with more tablets.  They work well when I can stay ahead of it, but if she's already throwing up a lot she doesn't keep them down.


Ask in the future for some preloaded injectable cerenia syringes that you can throw in the fridge if she has an episode down the line. It works faster. Good luck to you.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,837
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@NickNack 

 

Glad to hear Ava's home. (By the way they make cerenia in tablet form in case she's nauseated after her doses of the injectable, which can only be given so often). A different food intolerance? Glad your girl is home with you--the best medicine of all.


 

 

@Sammycat1   I do have Cerenia tablets.  I gave her one when she was sick at home, and she threw it up.  They sent me home with more tablets.  They work well when I can stay ahead of it, but if she's already throwing up a lot she doesn't keep them down.


Ask in the future for some preloaded injectable cerenia syringes that you can throw in the fridge if she has an episode down the line. It works faster. Good luck to you.


 

 

@Sammycat1  I started to ask for some at the ER but didn't.  She has a follow-up appt. with her regular Vet on Monday.  I will ask for some then.  Thank you for the suggestion.  


The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau





Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,145
Registered: ‎11-10-2016

@NickNack     I am so happy that sweet Ava is back home and feeling better.  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,124
Registered: ‎06-08-2020

@NickNack  How is Ava today? I'm thinking and praying for you girls.  Hope she's feeling much better! 🥰 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,837
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@KBEANS wrote:

@NickNack  How is Ava today? I'm thinking and praying for you girls.  Hope she's feeling much better! 🥰 


 

 

@KBEANS   Ava seems fine now.🤞🏻. Thank you for asking about her.  I am so appreciative of everyone's good thoughts and prayers.  They mean a lot. 

 

She was still on her Cerenia for nausea yesterday, so today will be the real test.  Then we see her regular Vet on Monday.


The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau