Honored Contributor

I wanted to update everyone and let you know that Ava is home.  I am so appreciative of everyone's prayers and good thoughts for her while she was in the ER.

They were able to get the fluid out of her stomach with the nasogastric (sp?) tube.  They got a whole lot out the first time and did it twice more and got more fluid.  Today they didn't get any fluid, which is good.  They weren't able to see any obstruction with x-rays after the fluid was gone.  They didn't see anything with ultrasound.  They offered her food, and she wouldn't eat.  They didn't want to send her home until she was eating.  They think she probably had gastritis.

I went to see her around 3:30 this afternoon and brought some of her Farmer's Dog food that she loves.  She wouldn't eat that, and the tech brought some of the canned chicken and prescription beef.  As soon as the tech left the room and she was alone with me she ate the chicken and beef.  I sat in the room with her for about 30 minutes to make sure she kept it down, and she did.  I told them I'd like to bring her home, so I took her home around 5:00.

They sent her home with the canned chicken and a can of the prescription beef.  They gave her another injection of Cerenia and sent me home with more Cerenia (for vomiting).  I gave her a couple of Tbsp. of food when we got home.  Then we came back to my room so she could lie in bed with me.  She has just been sleeping.  She still isn't back to normal, but I know she's happy to be home.

I'll make an appt. with my Vet tomorrow for next week.  I'm so happy to have her home.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Re: UPDATE: AVA. IS HOME

[ Edited ]

I am sooo happy to see this update @NickNack !  I was thinking about you both all day and came here to see if you posted.  I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.  💗

Also adding that one of our dogs was hospitalized last year for pancreatitis and it took him about a day to get acclimated to being home.  He was there for 3 days and I know he was so scared being there even though my husband went to visit him each day.  He also didn't eat anything until he was home.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Tori3569 . ❤️

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack Glad Ava is home and doing well. I've had an NG tube 4 times in years past and it was hell. I feel so sorry that she had to have one. Wishing her a good recovery.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@NickNack Glad Ava is home and doing well. I've had an NG tube 4 times in years past and it was hell. I feel so sorry that she had to have one. Wishing her a good recovery.

Thank you @Love my grandkids .  I've had one twice and agree that it was awful.  I'm just glad she's home and hope it doesn't happen again.

-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NickNack.  It's a relief to know that everything is seemingly okay with Ava.  You two really has us worried.   Now you. Both better get some rest.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Kachina624 .  I'm getting ready to take her outside one more time, and then I'm going to try to go to bed.

-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor
@Nicknack, I am so glad to hear you were able to bring Ava home with you. Thank you for the update. I will continue to keep praying for you and Ava’s recovery progress. It’s good to read your post. You and Ava are in my prayers!
Respected Contributor

Glad to hear she is at home and doing well. 

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack

I just saw your thread about your Ava.

Everyone was so very worried about her and of course about you.

It's good news she was able to come home!

Try to get some rest while you snuggle and kiss her.❤️🥰