Honored Contributor

Re: Turkey Used As An Emotional Support Animal On Airplane

I can say with certainty that I will never sit next to a turkey on an airliner.   I'd prefer the boa constrictor.   This woman made a fool out of the airline.   I recall reading about a pig that pooped in the aisle on an airplane making the whole cabin reek. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Use a stuffed animal for a support animal. Getting ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

Glad I prefer to drive (unless somebody is on their deathbed).   

I once sat next to a man on a plane who was shaving, grooming his nails......then even changed his clothes................I felt like I was in the bathroom with him...............disgusting.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I did see this.  Don't get me wrong --- I love animals and I think it is wonderful that she loves this turkey.  However, I think this is all getting out of hand.  Other people on the plane have rights, too.  Some do not care for animals or birds. Or are downright afraid of them.  

Also, what about disease, and if the animal decides to flip out or make a mess.  Animals are animals -- they are unpredictable.  It can't be helped.  

But where does a line get drawn?  

Airline space is at a premium as it is.  The last few times I have flown it has not been the greatest experience.  Every seat has been taken and we are all crammed in.  I truthfully would not like to get the seat next to a barnyard animal.  I am being honest.  And what about people with allergies and health problems?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

Turkeys are not dumb animals - at lease the ones around here.  They come to eat cereal everyday when the ground is snow covered, at the same two times.  If I forget, or like today there wasn't enough leftover from this a.m. because the birds were munching on it too, one will walk up to the gate and wait 'til I come out with more cereal.  I've also watched how they stay together in a group and how they train their young.  IMHO all animals are quite intelligent.