Esteemed Contributor

I took my sweet boy to the vet today to have his nails trimmed. He's never had them done and I am too chicken. He's at least 10 years old, but he's been very destructive lately even though he has scratch pads as well as a huge tower with sisal ropes. He does use them, but for some reason decided that my brand new wool rug would make a great scratch pad. OMG !! He pulled so many pieces out I was frantic.

Anyway, the vet tech said he did beautifully. He just laid on the table and let her go to town. I am so thankful. He's such a good kitty (except when he scratches stuff up). Hopefully, the trim will work.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

IMG_0581.JPG

His picture feel off the original post. Here's the bad boy !! Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Gotta love em.  🐈🐈🐈🐈

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep,     He's a sweetie pie.  Lately my kitty girl does not want me to trim her nails and starts making loud noises but I get loud back.  Last time I got all but one so I will get it next time around.  She would never bite me but sometimes gets an attitude like she can't be bothered.  Don't you love cats?  LOL   Actually, I sincerely do.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 I've loved cats my whole life. This gray is the fourth one that I've had over the years and they have all looked alike. I see pictures of my other ones in albums and have to look at the carpet or furniture to remember who it is. They have the  sweetest disposition and are more like a dog than a cat. We have two of those also, by the way (doggies).

Trusted Contributor

@pattypeep

Your boy is gorgeous! 

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

He's beautiful. It's very easy to trim a cats nails, but I do find it to usually be a two person job, one person to hold the cat and the other to trim. I use Four Paws Magic Coat Cat Claw Clippers that are sold on Amazon. I also use them on my chihuahua. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

What a cutie pie!  Love!

Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

IMG_0581.JPG

His picture feel off the original post. Here's the bad boy !! Heart

Awwww...Such a cutie! Reminds me of my kitty who I lost about 2 years ago. He looks like he would be calm. I trim the nails of the one I have now, but it is no easy task...sort of like a wrestling match.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom I may try next time since he was so good for the vet tech. They only charged me $12 and it took a load off my shoulders. Smiley Wink