Super Contributor

Re: Tribute to a little guy - the story of a cat

beach-mom. I am so sorry for your loss also.. My husband and I have no children so our pets are kids to us. It is very hard to lose them but i know they are watching over us every day. I really loved your story. Hugs to you.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom and @plc123 - So sorry for the loss of both of your beautiful furbabies.  I know all too well how heartbreaking it is.

((((Hugs)))) to you both.  Heart 

Honored Contributor

beach-mom wrote:

Wow - thank you so much everyone for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers! As the wife of a veterinarian, I have certainly been through this before, but this time it really hit me. I was sitting here depressed missing him, and I just poured my heart out last night. Thank you for listening and letting me do that. 

His name was Pocono. DD found him when she went up there with friends during a high school break. After checking with the owner of the place they stayed, to see if anyone owned him, she rode the whole long trip home with him sitting on her lap. His name seemed to fit him, but he was always MY little guy, although he was far from little! 

I know most, if not all, of you have been through this. I hope our "children" are meeting over the rainbow bridge! (((HUGS)))

beach-mom...

Your tribute to your beloved Pocono

was so beautiful and poignant and you

certainly came to the right place to

tell it.

I can also relate to the intense sense

of heartache and loss that you're dealing

with as I've been down that same dark

road many times before and will be again

at some point in time as I'm currently

Mommy to five kitties...all rescues.

I truly beleive that Divine Intervention

made sure that your DD and Pocono

crossed paths so that she could save

his life and he could bless all of yours

with his amazing and unconditional

kitty love.

I also truly believe in my heart that we'll

be reunited with all of our beloved furbabies

for eternity when they come running across

the Rainbow Bridge to greet us wheh we

get there.

I lit a special memorial candle for Pocono

at the pet loss dot com site.

(((((POCONO)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom

I'm so sorry for your loss. We rescued a little female kitty a couple of weeks ago and she has brought DH and me so much joy. It didn't take her long to fit in and she gives as much love as she receives, if not more. It's almost like rescues are so grateful for being taken in and given a forever home that they make extra-loving pets! I know we'll go through the pain of letting her go someday but we're so blessed to have her to share our lives with, in the meantime. Hold on to the sweet memories of Pocono. Hugs to you. xo