Honored Contributor

Re: Took a very very bad fall from Gabriel

Did you fall on those  concrete slabs?He is very handsome,and your yard is lovely.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

I'm sorry you took a spill and glad to hear you seem to be doing better now.

But Gabriel is one good-looking boy! 😍

Respected Contributor

So sorry you got so badly hurt. I hope you heal quickly. 
I have a couple of dogs that are the same way but they're small so they don't knock me down. My poor 13 year old chihuahua on the other hand is not so lucky. 

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Did you fall on those  concrete slabs?He is very handsome,and your yard is lovely.

@goldensrbest ,yes, unfortunately...it is concrete.  I'm only 5'1", little over 100lbs, but I believe it was the force of being thrown down that hurt so bad, otherwise if I just toppled over, probably wouldn't have gotten so bruised.  Happened soooo fast, I think I was in shock😲

Honored Contributor

My oldest has a chocolate lab-long haired.  He was very rambunctious & getting worse every day.  My oldest was 5 months pregnant so that didn't help. 

When he was about 5-7 months old,  my oldest had to send the dog to "training" school for about 8-9 weeks.  Otherwise, the dog had to go per the "hubby.

After "graduation" it was like night & day.   You would have never thought he was the same dog!

He'll be 21 yrs young next month.  He's on his last days.  He sleeps more than the cat. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac , wow, that's incredible...the dog will be 21 years old???!!!   I think most Labs are said to live up around 12 years.  That's so GREAT!!

Frequent Contributor

I hope you recover quickly.  This is what a quarterback sack must feel like!

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@Mz iMac , wow, that's incredible...the dog will be 21 years old???!!!   I think most Labs are said to live up around 12 years.  That's so GREAT!!

@Dazlin  Her neighbor has a retriever like your dog?.  She's 15 yrs young & still lively.  Loves to play & swim.

Your beautiful dog still looks like a puppy lab. Heart

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Dazlin wrote:

@Dazlin  Her neighbor has a retriever like your dog?.  She's 15 yrs young & still lively.  Loves to play & swim.

Your beautiful dog still looks like a puppy lab. Heart

Thank you for your kind replies🙂.   Haha, yes Gabriel is very puppy like in many ways.  Sometimes I think he doesn't understand much, but then he does things that are so smart.  Hes in his own head, wants to do what he wants.  I couldn't be mad at him...he was so excited and happy to come outside...he LOVES my grandbaby and stays next to him all the time.  Part of that, is Gabe waits for food to drop😆.  Hope Gabriel lives to a ripe old age too.  My daughter and her baby moved back home with us 2 months ago.    Stay well, and safe!!

Respected Contributor

@de1rdre wrote:

I hope you recover quickly.  This is what a quarterback sack must feel like!

HAHAHA...that made me laugh!!   Yes, and on concrete 😅.  I'm doing ok overall...think my Achilles tendon got pulled because that ankle still hurts, but I'm walking better now.  My elbow is tender to touch, no leaning on it, but like I said, I can use my arm fine, or I would have gone to drs.  Thanks everyone for the caring replies...thankfully I'm doing pretty darn good...could've been alot worse.  I think a little padding on my backside saved my left hip😳