Trusted Contributor

Re: Today was a Difficult Day

I am so sorry, and i know nothing can really help right now. I lost my much loved pet 3 years ago, and i still think of her everyday. I still have 3 others with me, but her and i had a very close special bond. It is wonderful for you to think of others at this time, take care of yourself.

Honored Contributor

People all need to grieve in our own individual ways, it is different for everyone. I never want to tell others how to do that, especially since that has been done to me so often in my grief.

So sorry for your loss @wismiss 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@wismiss   I understand your feelings, and I'm so sorry for your loss.  I feel the same way about my sweet girl Frankie that I lost 16 months ago.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My little girl passed in my arms after a violent dog attack...and I will never forget her loving soul.  It takes my breathe away and still shed tears....she will never be out of my thoughts and that was ten years ago.  When I read these posts, I just bleed knowing the terrible loss.  @wismiss  I am so sorry.  We are right here with you.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd  Oh what a horrible horrible thing to have happen.  My heart goes out to you, sincerely.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss  I'm so sorry you're going through this.  It's so painful.  They are such  a big part of our lives, they bring so much happiness, it's natural to miss them so badly.   So many here empathize with you. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd , I can't imagine the pain, anger, and complete devastation you must have felt and still feel to this day.  Sometimes all you can ask is "Why?"  But we will see our little furry friends again some day.  I have to believe that----it's what keeps me going sometimes.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

@wismiss I am so sorry. I know how you feel. I am still crying occasionally since we lost Lilly. Thursday will be the first day I see my daughter and granddaughter without Lilly being here. It gets better everyday or at least that's what they say. I am thinking if you. I hope it gets easier for you everyday.
Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss 

It's a dark place and time with the only remedy of allowing yourself to cry or do whatever you want. I can truly empathize.

Years ago, we had a senior cat diagnosed with a rare form of heart failure. Normally, by the time a vet finds heart failure, the cat has experienced a sudden death. Every day was on pins and needles and he wasn't expected to live a week. He kept on chugging, though, and we did our best to take care of him for nearly a year. 

We often wondered how our other kitty, who was attached to his hip, would cope with his passing. But one day, she started to breathe fast and her gums turned blue--and when I rushed her to the vet, we found out that she, too, had heart failure. As she couldn't breathe, she pawed at me, frantically, before the vet quickly moved her to an oxygen chamber. Although he tried valiantly to save her, she died horrifically, literally drowning in the fluid that the failing heart produced. From symptoms to diagnose to her dying was less than 2 hours. The other cat lived almost two years past her.

All this to say, who knows how these things are pre-ordained? We simply must live with them. Their loss broke our hearts, crushed them really. But time and tears and talking it out brought us to a place where we now think of them--not as they died, but how they lived! And the light and the joy and quirky fun they brought to our home. This will happen for you eventually on your own terms--but it will happen.

Please take care of yourself, be kind to yourself. And come back here to "talk" however often you want. The posters here are wonderful, empathetic, sympathetic listeners. Heart

Respected Contributor

Hugs to you, wismiss.