Esteemed Contributor

I totally understand, @goldensrbest.  We did the same thing with our Quincy, called and then cancelled.  The vet understood and no questions were asked.  It is a personal decision to make.  The day that we carried through, we just knew it was the day.  He let us know. 

No need to explain.  We are here when the time comes.  Try to enjoy this time to the fullest.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest,dear friend,please know I am praying for your comfort today, and the days ahead.What a thoughtful ,selfless for mom you are.Today is for kooper, tomorrow for you.May the creator see your heart and hold it near.What beauty you release today into a hurting world.May this beautiful spirit lift the world. On the wind may koopers spirit soar,to become lifes beauty,to join with lifes beauty,Please and know I say this often,love only changes form ,not intensity.Sending you love , a peaceful heart tonight,love from the friends here.Please hold Golden through these painful times,in his love we pray...MaryAnne

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest

Oh how I know what you are feeling! Only you can decide when, but please look into his eyes and let him tell you when. 

I will be thinking of you both......

Felicia

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry...will be sending strength and good thoughts your way.

Denise
Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have to let my sweet kooper go today, he is 15 yrs 6months old, old age has taken its toll ,so sad .A ppointment at 5pm.

I will say a prayer to give you strength. I had to do that a few times and know how hard it is. Just remember the good life you gave to Kooper. Please give him a belly rub or whatever he enjoys from me.

Trusted Contributor

My heart breaks for you.  Extremely hard to do.  Thinking of you.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I can not bring myself to do it today, i cancelled, i took him out again this time he fell only twice, not all the times this morning ,i fixed his food ,his eyes were bright , just not today he has  degenerative myelopathy , soon but not today .

Thank you for waiting, my heart can't take it.  Looking at his little face.  Thank you  Thank you   Thank you...SC

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest@People told me that you will know when the time has come and they were right.Enjoy your time tiogether for as long as that may be.

Honored Contributor

Re: Today is the day

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest

I too know what it is like to count down those awful minutes waiting for what you never wanted to happen, but must do for your loved one.  My heart, prayers, and tears are with you and kooper right this moment and in the days and weeks ahead.

The pain is almost unbearable, it will bend your body with anguish, please hold on to the knowledge that this, you do out of absolute love for him.  It is the last, hardest gift of love you can give.

I hope you will be able to hold him in your arms and whisper into his ear how much you love him, and how grateful you are for having had him in your life.

Hugs Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have to let my sweet kooper go today, he is 15 yrs 6months old, old age has taken its toll ,so sad .A ppointment at 5pm.

@goldensrbest

My heart goes out to you knowing

that you have to send your beloved

Kooper to The Bridge today.

I can relate to the deep pain and

heartache that you're dealing with

as I have been in your place many

times before and will be again at

some point as I'm Mommy to four

rescued kitties.

Please find solace in the fact that

Kooper knows how very much you

love him and that he'll be surrounded

by that same love when you send him

to The Bridge with dignity and in peace.

When you can please post back.

We're all with you in loving spirit

and prayer to help you to get through

the difficult days that lie ahead.

God Speed Precious Kooper.Heart

(((((GOLDENSRBEST & KOOPER)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=