Respected Contributor

Re: To those who've lost pets

We lost our Cocker Spaniel, Annie, a year and a half ago. I still think of her everyday!

Miss my girl.

Super Contributor

Losing a pet is like losing a loved family member.  Only pet lovers understand the pain.  The worst for me was having to go to work and hearing "it's only a cat".  Little do they know.  One of the reasons I prefer my four legged friends over any person.  You will never have a better friend than a pet.  They don't judge, don't care how you look and always seem to know when you have a bad day.

Trusted Contributor

i lost tw bostons last year.  one in april and the other in aug.  it hurt so much and it still does.  but i know that i did the right thing.  

i have since adopted two more and would not part with them either.

someone once told me that the best place to bury a beloved pet is deep in your heart.

Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

i lost tw bostons last year.  one in april and the other in aug.  it hurt so much and it still does.  but i know that i did the right thing.  

i have since adopted two more and would not part with them either.

someone once told me that the best place to bury a beloved pet is deep in your heart.

Your last sentence @shortbreadlover is beautiful. So very true. Very sorry for

your two losses.

Trusted Contributor

thanks.  i have found it to be so true

Esteemed Contributor

23380251_1834225720200950_1346416192049498965_n.jpg

Precious angels

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak I just wanted to send you my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your fur baby, I truly am sorry!  Sending you prayers and hugs!

A prayer for the loss of a pet.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears, Thank you. It means so much. I still find myself calling her name to come eat or go outside. We had her for such a long time and we miss her a lot. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak I still mourn a do that I had as a teenager, for me anyway, the pain has never gone away, I have just learned to move on, again I am so sorry for your loss, hugs being sent over the miles to you!

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears, I totally get not getting over the loss. I lost my Gizmo 15 yrs ago. I still have her photo up and think of her always.