Honored Contributor

I lost a sweet little dog several months ago and thought I'd just take a minute here to say to anyone else who has lost a pet, whether recently or long ago, that my heart is with you.   

In memory of our sweet, wonderful companions:

Image result for today and every day you are in my heart to stay

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: To those who've lost pets

[ Edited ]

The most heartbreaking event in my life was losing my little girl...I think of her every day.  I am so sorry you are going through the loss of your precious pup.  They bring us such immense joy and it is relentless pain when they depart.Time tempers the pain, they are never forgotten.  My heart goes out to you.

Respected Contributor

My dear Sophie Annabelle crossed the Rainbow Bridge a year this August.  I found a young lady on Etsy that handcrafts a plaque with this inscription:

"You were my favorite hello

And my hardest goodbye"

Alongside the wooden plaque is a clip for your furbaby's picture.  She customized the color font and background to match Sophie's chocolate & white coat.  It sits on my nightstand.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. Our Lucy passed on many years ago and I still think about her. I still miss her and cry. I will never again experience the unconditional love she gave me.

Thanks for your post. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

and You never have to stop loving them, just because they aren't here.  But that good-bye to me, is the hardest to go through, believe it or not.  

Respected Contributor

20140523_155831.jpg

Thirty-one days ago, I had to let my Gabby cross the bridge .... she was 16, but it still hurts.   To get through this past month, I placed photos at all her favorite places in the house.   I have no other cats....this farewell was the hardest ever.

My heart goes out to all of you too.

Esteemed Contributor

We said goodbye to Davey June 24. He was a sweetie, 14 years old,  the vet thinks it was congestive heart failure in  his sleep. Such a good boy too! Woman SadDAVEY.JPG

Respected Contributor

I'm sitting here with my 3 kitties and the memories of the 7 that have passed before them. I love them all and always say I will never get another as it causes so much pain to lose them, but I need them as much as they need me. So there you go.

Trusted Contributor

I lost my cat Dolly in a fire and WOW, it was so hard.  I had to wait like 2 years to get another cat so I KNOW The feeling.

Each pet has their own personality.  Each one is different, from the outside cats and dogs might "look" the same but they are really creatures with real personalities and feelings.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

To all of you who have posted above mine, I know your pain, sense of loss, and still cry for mine also.

https://www.schnauzers-rule.com/images/pet-loss-poem-meet-me-in-the-light-maureen-bauer.jpg