Honored Contributor

p.s. to Ralphie @Drythe

My mom kept telling me that I was going to have a Big Day and even though it wasn't the kind of day she meant, it was kind of special at the end.

I got part of a dental chew stuck inside my cheek, and my mom asked me if she wanted me to help get it out.  Sometimes I even growl a little if I think she wants to take special treats away from me, but this time I knew I needed help and I was very patient and didn't even growl one little bit while she spent a lot of time poking around in my mouth with her fingers.  All is well now!  She did a good job.  

She thinks she can fool me if I have something that I'm not supposed to by exchanging it for something she thinks I can have.  I let her get away with it but Ralphie, don't you think we should have anything that tastes good?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Kiku @GingerPeach

Oh, my goodness Kiku, we do have interesting lives don't we?  I'm glad your Mom was there to help!  It is good that thing is gone and did not hurt you.  What would we do without them?  I'm glad you were able to hold on to your growls, it is funny feeling when a person puts fingers in your mouth isnn't it?  You don't find animals doing that at all.

Yes, I DO believe we should be allowed to have anything that tastes good.  But, the people don't think that.  For me it means wet or dry food, as I don't get to go outside, but for the other cats, well ... sometimes it means moles, and mice. EEEK!  Mom pitches a fit, but once in a while those guys 'forget'.  Now as for Robbie, he has much more eclectic taste, I guess you dogs are more adventurous.  He LOVES his food, our food, PEOPLE food, ice cream, spaghetti, anything green, any kind of fruit, and even socks!  I think your taste buds must be more advanced than ours, or maybe cats are just boring.  Robbie can even tell time when it comes to FOOD!  He eats at 7 AM and 7 PM, and boy does his alarm go off about 10 - 15 minutes early.  You could set your watch by him, if you have one.

It was very nice for the husband of the woman who was going to do your teeth to call EARLY in the morning so you did NOT miss breakfast.  Missing a meal for no reason is just so wrong.  And your Mom didn't have to drive there, maybe she even got to go back to sleep for a while. You know, a little 'cat' nap?  *wink*

Your Mom has been through the spraying thing too?  It is bad.  Yes, Mom has told me that once the curtains were sprayed and had to be dry cleaned twice!  Oh, my goodness, the books?  Yes, she was talking about that, bet there were sparks in the house over that,  and the walls seem to be fair game.  She always says, "just how in the He** can you spray higher than your head"?  But an electrical outlet?  Wow, that is smart, I mean dangerous - my inner cat slipped out there for a moment.  But Mom said she never knew a female who sprayed, just us boys.

You take care, I'm going to go see if Fleur wants to play a bit of tag with me.  She hasn't yet, but I keep hoping!

Your friend,

Ralphie

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Hi Friend Ralphie @Drythe

We hope you were successful in getting Fleur to join you in a game.  And that her bossy brother didn't try to take over.  All our paws were crossed for you, Ralphie!

How are your new brothers the three amigos - or the three wise men - doing?  We hope they are having fun at your house.  Will they stay there forever or just until they find forever homes?

Happy Sunday, Ralphie!

Your friend, Kiku

p.s.  I have a new red t-shirt and I will try to send you a picture.

Honored Contributor

Re: To @Drythe from Kiku

[ Edited ]

TO Kiku  @GingerPeach

Q

A puppy photo of me!

The 3 Little boys who stayed with us starting Christmas were raised in a large group by a breeder to be sold for Christmas gifts.

These three beautiful boys were not sold, and so were taken by the breeder to high kill shelter about 100 miles from us.  My Mommers got a rescue call about their situation, and don’t you know she was off like a shot.  I couldn’t go with her because she wasn’t sure about their shots.

Well they had had their shots and so, I was able to be with them, but she warned me that they would not be here long, but still, I really, really liked them lots.

They stayed here all safe until the frenzied rush to purchase a gift, any gift had passed.  Just BTW my breeder will not sell any of her dogs in November or December just for that reason.

Then after the first week of January Mommers started calling the people who had contacted the rescue group she works with, and set up home visits, after she had looked over all the papers people had sent asking to adopt the puppies.  She took them one at a time for ‘home visits’, I got to go along, but waited in the car 🚙 (???).  Anyway all pups went to good homes!  They were sweet boys and I wished they could stay.  But Mommers explained that the more we find homes for, the more we can keep for a while and save.  I understand, I still wish they could have stayed here, but I understand that helping as many as we can is important.

Thank you for caring about them and asking about them.

Best to you and good wishes on the dental visits,

Robbie

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, Mr. Ralphie and Mom @Drythe

I sure wish I could give you both some puppy kisses.  I haven't seen anybody lately to give them to except my own mom and she says she has enough to share.  

We are happy to hear the three boys have great new homes.  We knew your mom would pick really good ones.  She's not only fast, she's smart.

I hope you are feeling happy and great, Ralphie.  

Love, Kiku

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Friend Ralphie

Your mom @Drythe mentioned she would like an update on some of those visits you and I have to make to those places where the people dress in white a lot.  Although sometimes they wear things with little animals on them to try to fool us.

I will be going to get my teeth sparkly at the end of February.  I don't know what February is, but maybe it will mean something to your mom.

Honored Contributor

Dear Friend Ralphie and Mom @Drythe

My mom found a perfect little fairy door on amazon for her baseboards with the notches.  She's going to paint it and maybe I'll get to be in the picture when it's all done.

It's so tiny that I think real fairies will be using it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
RI

@GingerPeach wrote:

Dear Friend Ralphie

Your mom @Drythe mentioned she would like an update on some of those visits you and I have to make to those places where the people dress in white a lot.  Although sometimes they wear things with little animals on them to try to fool us.

I will be going to get my teeth sparkly at the end of February.  I don't know what February is, but maybe it will mean something to your mom.

In the meantime, my mom is rubbing some stuff on my teeth a few nights a week (when she remembers) that I think tastes pretty good.  It's called PetSmile, from the SuperSmile people.  My mom said it's not really scrubbing toothpaste, but is supposed to help dissolve the stuff on my teeth without too much rubbing.  I hope it helps since I mostly just lick it before she can put it on too many teeth.

My mom just "rescued" some of the older plants from the "boys with chain saws" by talking nice to not only the workers but to a lady called the president of the aach oh aa.  I think it looks like this: HOA.  The bigger plants help the birds hide out from hawks.  The president means well but mostly thinks landscaping changes are just like rearranging furniture.  

My mom also convinced the man responsible for tree pruning to prune the pine tree that needed it before the end of this month so that the bark beetles won't yet be active.  She even sent them something from the biggest school here (she says it's called University of California) to back her up.  They kept saying it was OK to prune before "winter" was over, but these days it's pretty clear winter is not as long as it used to be.  Even I don't need my sweaters so much.  I can tell it's winter when I shiver and I haven't been doing that so much these days, at least in the daytime.  Finally, they believed her!  She is feeling happier today after their meeting yesterday.  It's easier for me since I don't have to work so hard to make her laugh, even though for me it's no trouble at all.

She appreciates your offer to BITE someone since I am pretty sure you are an expert, not to mention it's probably because you like it!

She used to want to bite them, too, but she learned to copy my example and be nice to them and that way, she wins them over (mostly).  She is a lot less stressed, even though she is always thinking about how to protect the birds.  She refuses to lick them, though.  I never understand why.

Of course, spending so much of the budget on landscaping isn't the greatest idea when more reserves might be better off saved in case of bad things like earthquake recovery (you know, just in case).  (My mom helped me with those big words.)

I hope you are doing well, Ralphie, and getting chances to play with your friend Fleur.

Love, Kiku

p.s.  Tonight I got to have some Kiku-sized bites of pot roast for supper.  It was hard to wait all afternoon while it was cooking away.  Do you have trouble waiting for delicious smells until they show up in your supper dish?

This is me Phineaus (Finn)

Hello Kiku and @GingerPeach

I send you both best wishes!  Mommers let me write because she says you are both very nice and smart, and I wanted to write too, because I think I should get to meet you too!

Kiku, I have a big yellow Robbie, and I really love him lots, I had a big black, Lola too, but she had to leave us last November.  Anyway, I really love doggies, Robbin is nice and warm, I love to snuggle him and get some of his warm.  Do you make warm too?

I have had that teeth scraping thingy, no big deal, I’m a guy and we have to act tough, you know, you will be very glad, but act all sad and aloof when you get home.  It will get you lots more treats like that Pot Roast thingy you mentioned.  I don’t get anything like that here, because my folks only eat veggies.  Not much joy there for a cat, but Robbie munches them up!  I do have food just for us cats from a tiny little can.  Sometimes Mommers cooks us all (Robbie & Dad too) eggies, I snarf those up, you could ask your Mom to make you some after your teeth are done as a special treat.

Mom says your Mom is a ‘He Row’ for saving those trees.  I like trees!  I like to run up them and then hop off from way up (about 10 feet), bunches of fun.  I do get to go out a bit, bit I must check in @ once an hour because that is what Mom calls ‘Kurt is see’, it means if I don’t my yard time is revoked!   I think she told you that we had a huge old Oak tree come down close to what is called our ‘drive away.’  Well last week a bunch of men and some big equipment came and they and my Dad cut it up and they TOOK it. I had to watch from the dining room window.  I never get to dine in there.  Anyway Mom had them cut her some slices to keep.  She tried counting the rings, but stopped and marked her spot when she got to 100.  You are right, you’re Mom is right,  those don’t come back in a hurry.  I’m glad she is not so stressed.  Oh, we don’t have an 'ach oh aa’ here, just trees and a stream, and all kinds of birds and wildlife.  I don’t think our earth quakes much either, at least I’ve never noticed it, hope it stays still.

Anyway, about me and Ralphie... well you know when he came he was  upset and tried to fight with all of us.  But then he stopped fighting with Fleur, and ReeRee, and Robbie.  But NOW ReeRee

is attacking him, and she is big!   She is a ‘Sigh a meese’ / Main Coon mix!  And, to tell the truth Ralphie, he never really stopped hitting me, and well...now I’m afraid of him.  I don’t come ask for love or treats anymore and spend lots of time outside. Mommers is sad and worries about me.  I never lived anywhere people or cats had fights, and I don’t like it one bit!

I hope we get to talk some more, but Mom says we have to take turns. Take care, and if you have time, don’t forget the Puppy Bowl next Sunday!  The Grand Paw is coming over to watch it at my house, I’m glad!

Oh, Mom doesn’t like me to try to lick the birds.  I never mess with them, but I like to watch them, they are very pretty.

Love to you and your Mom! 

Finn

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Friend Finn and Mom @Drythe

It's so nice to meet you.  I think everyone who lives at your mom's house must all be very handsome and pretty.  You sure do look good in all your pictures.

Your advice about acting sad and moody when I get home from teeth cleaning is smart.  I know how to do that.  My shelter picture shows me all sad and moody.  It's a wonder how my mom ever chose me.  But she said my eyes showed the real me, no matter if my forehead was a little crinkled.

You must be very brave to jump off trees from so high.  Being a cat can be exciting.  I hope you stay safe, though, so you can write me again.  Your mom has a good idea about checking in.  

What is your mom going to do with those special wood slices she got from that big old tree?  I think they would make perfect spots for cats to sit on to have their pictures taken.  

I am sad to hear that my friend Ralphie is causing you all so much trouble.  Maybe he needs a time-out in a room all by himself so the rest of you can get a break.  But I'm sure your mom knows what you all need better than me.  I'm only little so I probably don't know as much as your mom.

We are happy to hear your Grand Paw is well enough to come visit.  And the puppy bowl is something I've heard about but haven't seen it myself.  My mom said I would like it because they are all mostly my size, except they are just babies.

Please give ear licks to all your special friends for me.

Your new friend, Kiku

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach  & Miss Kiku,

We are all watching Westminster!  Hope you’all are too.  🐕🎖

The ‘Toys’ are up, they just look like small doggies to me.  (???)

Love,

Ralphie

*** Edited for typo