Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

WHAT AN ADORABLE YOUNG LADY!!!!!Heart

I will tell her you said so, @eddyandme

I know for sure she'd cover you with kisses should she ever have the chance to meet you.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Dear @GingerPeach and Kiku, HELP !!!

My slapping, hissing, attacking behavior has continued.

After careful er... consideration, Mommers has decided that I might not really be “tutored”.  What is tutoring?  Do you know?  Will I like it?

I HAVE paperwork saying it has already been done, but she says she is not sure 🤔.

So on Wednesday I have an Appointment to see a Veteran (?) to have this checked out.  What’s up with that?  She says he is a really nice man, and a good friend who says he really wants to meet me, but I don’t like this, not one bit!

What do you think 💭?  Should I try to break out?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: To @Drythe from Kiku

[ Edited ]

Dear Ralphie and @Drythe

You are better off just calling it "tutored" by your "veteran."  Don't worry about the words.  Your mom will worry enough for the both of you.  

I am a girl, so it was a little different for me.  Before my mom discovered me, they took some parts of me out from my insides and only after that, then they took my picture to put on their shelter adoption pages.  Mom says I had sad eyes.  So, yes, you might have sad eyes for a while if that happens to you.

On the other hand,  I think for boys it's not so "involved" as it is for girls.  So just trust your mom.  I think you know in your heart she only wants the best for you.  And you'll probably get special attention after you come home.  And you'll be able to appreciate it more then because you'll feel better.

Besides, I heard that you might get a bushier tail and a fuller coat.  That's what happened to a cat guy my mom used to have after he got "tutored."  Plus he decided he liked staying at home.  Before my mom adopted him, he used to be a wanderer and, having been "untutored," he couldn't help himself.  Once you're fully "tutored," you will be happier because you will be in control of your own moods.  Doesn't that sound great?

Trust your mom.  She loves you.

Love, Kiku

p.s.  Let us know how it goes.  We are thinking good thoughts for you.

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach

Your home looks very welcoming, very nice decor.

Thanks for posting pics of your precious, very adorable Kiku.  It's nice to see Kiku has earned some independence in the evenings.

Our pets tend to bounce from one place to another to sleep.  Our dog is as bad as our cats.  

Valued Contributor

I’m seeing this thread for the first time. It is so cute and funny, and I agree with @Sweet Caroline 1 100%. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @ScenicMaine and @Ruby Laine.

Your kind words mean a lot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Kiku and @Homegirl

WANTED ! ! !

Sorry I have been such a poor correspondent, but as you see from my photo above, I'm feeling absolutely trapped, and am looking for a way to escape.

I did have the visit to the Veteran, I will not insult your delicate nature by describing WHAT he did to me, but believe me, it was beyond the bounds of courtesy!

THEN, he announced that I still have one test tickle.  I let HIM know in NO uncertain terms that that issue had already been dealt with by another Veteran, and that I have the papers to PROVE it! Well he ignored my papers and he and Mom had a long talk about what to do about this thing I do NOT have.

Their decision was that Mom would force something called 

Pro Zack down my throat until I could have another appointment.  I do not know who in the heck this Zack is, and I am not Pro him or anyone else who requires me to have pills forced down my throat!

I have been hiding under the bed since I got home from that visit, and I feel like a trapped beast.  I heard Mom tell my Dad that I had ANOTHER appointment with the Veteran this coming Monday morning at 8:00 AM, to get this Test Tickle Removed!

She said it so casually, might as well say 'Oh, we're going to get  Ralphie cut on.'

To add insult to injury, I can't have ANY food after 8:00 PM Sunday night.  NO FOOD, only WATER!  What is this a jail?  AND, get THIS, Mom asked the Veteran to check my teeth while I'm UNDER (under what I wonder?), and to clean them if they need it!  Now they are after my TEETH too!  And, just to top it off I have to Spend The Night Monday with the Veteran!  How dare they rip me from my Home?

Well, I can tell you I am thoroughly disgusted and indignant with this whole matter.  I tried to get out and hike to your home, you have a nice MOM, and a beautiful home, I would be happy there.  However, I was thwarted in that too.  I went out on the screened porch to make my escape plan, and this is what greeted me

TEN inches of this cold white stuff.  I can't hike to your home in this stuff, I'll get COLD, and WET.  I'll tell you,Kiku this is just TOO much.  So, I've been hiding under the bed.

Please keep me in your thoughts, and I will write again my dear Friend if I make it home from this Awfulness that is being visited upon me.

Best wishes, your very Peeved, and Mistreated friend Ralphie.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Dearest Ralphie and @Drythe

I wish I could lick your little ears until you feel better, Ralphie.

What an ordeal.  No wonder you are peeved.  

I don't know if it will make you feel better, but soon I, too, have to visit an office to get my teeth all sparkly again.  They seem to have some brown stuff on them that Mom doesn't like.  She told me she thinks I will still have all of them when the nice lady dog dentist is finished so all my paws are crossed. Mom says my visit is the second week in January, whatever that is. 

Feeling trapped and without options is the worst.  I totally understand why under the bed is the best place ever.  When I first came to Mom's house, I used to spend a lot of time under the bed until I got used to things.  It didn't take too long, but I have fond memories of that special place.  

Mom and I are sending you good thoughts.  We wish we could do more to help you feel better.  I think some of you cat folks have amazing memories, especially about things you do not like one little bit.  My mom used to have a cat girl who used to cry out loud in the car all the way to the "office," and when they walked in the door, all the office people knew exactly who had walked in.  That cat girl always remembered, so I don't blame you for feeling the way you do.

Maybe your mom can distract you with something fluffy or sparkly?  Do you like that kind of thing?  If you don't, then just sleep as much as you can.  It will all be OK.  

You know you have a great Mom, and she only wants what is best for you.

Keep your spirits up, Mr. Ralphie.  

Love, Kiku

@Drythe

You seriously need to put your Ralphie posts in a notebook.  What a charming book or magazine article they'd make.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Friend Kiku @GingerPeach

I am sorry to have been such a poor friend.  Things have been a bit confusing here, some good, and some not so good.

I do hope the Veteran was kind to you.  I do NOT like visiting him, but I know your Mom must have known you needed to go.  Mommers said you were going to to have your teeth cleaned, bet your beautiful smile is gleaming now!

My second trip to the Veteran was strange, and took an odd twist.  Mommers & Dad agreed with him that the best thing was to ‘draw’ blood from me and test it to see if I had any Horror Moans in it.  Well, my ‘test oyster own’  was negative, which apparently means that I do Not have any ‘test tick icles’  left.  Well, No wonder!  And, I tell you I was SO glad,  I thought I was OUT OF THERE!  But nooooo, the Veteran said my Gums (???) did not look Good, and my OWN Mommers said I needed to be CHIPPED.  What kind of Mom says such a thing?  

Well then Mom left me, just left me there, and the Veteran gave me a shot.  I tell you, I could NOT believe she would treat me that way!  Just don’t know what happened next, but later in the day she came back and put me in my nice safe crate and we left that place.  My mouth hurt, and I heard her talking about my teeth and they said they were very dirty, but were Ok and none had to be removed - what is WRONG with these people?  Anyway, they decided that I’m between 6 and 8 years old, which I could have told them if they had just asked.  

On top of that my back had a sore place, Mommers said I had gotten a ‘CHIP’ in it.  I have looked, and looked all over at myself, and I don’t see any chips.  I am plump, soft, and fuzzy, how could I be chipped?  Not meaning to be too personal, but do you have chips too?

Well, as my Mom told your Mom, the Grand Paw has not been well.  It has been very worrying, and Mom and Dad have been very sad.  But, he is back home now, and I’ve heard that he is getting better, always a worry as he is 91.

But I this is  my biggest problem:

I have been much more calm since this last trip, once my teeth stopped hurting.  There is a very pretty girl kitty who lives here.  She is a tuxedo, all shinny black with a bit of the whitest white, and long curly whiskers.  Her name is Fleur, I don’t think you’ve met her.  She has a brother named Phineas (Phinn)

Well you remember how when I came here I was all sacred, and confused, and wanted to fight with everyone?  Mommers would hold me every night and pat me and say, “ Ralphie, please, please try not to fight, one day you will want to be friends with them, and if you don’t stop fighting, they will not want to be your friend.  They might even turn on you, so, please try.”  She would have tears, and sound very worried.  But I did NOT see it that way, I just could not see any use in them at all, and wanted them all to go away.

Well, now that I’ve calmed down, I am tryin’ to make friends a bit, especially with Miss Fleur.  (Blush), But she is very shy, but I think she likes me a bit.  And, Mom was right, Ree Ree, is through ignoring me, and now She is Stalking me!  And Phinn is attacking me!  You know I’m a roly poly boy with no claws, and this is scary stuff.  To make it much worse Phinn has started spraying inside the house, although He has yard privileges which I don’t!

Well, you can imagine how Mommers and Dad feel about this.  Apparently Phinn had this problem when he was little, but he was ‘convinced’ to stop.  It is really a mess and Mom is running around cleaning, and 🧼, and spraying odor removers, scrubbing rugs, and walls.  I feel so bad, I am not doing this, but I know he is doing it because he is mad 😡 and doesn’t want me here.  Mom and Dad have told me not to worry, but I can’t help it.

It scares me, I know Phinn has been here since he was only 6 months old, (he’s 8 now) and Ree Ree is 14 years old, (that’s OLD!) and she doesn’t need to be upset.

I don’t want to leave here, and Mom says I won’t have to, but I know she is sad about the mess in the house.  And it doesn’t seem to matter what I do, I can’t fix it.  I am sorry to drop this on you, but I am just that worried.

But, I do have a friend in Robbie.  He lets me snuggle, and head butt with him.  He also lets me curl up next to him and share his warm.  When Ree Ree, or Phinn start hissing and running after me Robbie makes BIG barks and scares them away!  He is my Hero!  Also Mom & Dad make them stop too.

I do hope you are well, and enjoying your walks.  Hope your mouth doesn’t hurt too bad, I know your Mom would not have asked the Veteran to do it unless unless she knew it was best.

Please stay in touch and write when you have time.

Your Friend,

Ralphie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Ralphie @Drythe

Just wow!  Both Mom and I just gave out a big sigh after reading your story because we were breathless from start to finish.

First, we are happy to hear your Grand Paw is back home and we wish that he not only feels better, but that he never has to go back to that hospital again.

You have been through so much, but underneath it all, it seems to us that you are so BRAVE!  My mom says I am a thinker, and I say you are a thinker, too.  We thinkers know how to figure things out.  It sure sounds like you are figuring things out.  Of course, that doesn't mean we don't feel them, too, and everybody knows feelings are pretty powerful and sometimes they get the best of us.

I'd forgotten you didn't have claws when you came to live with your new mom.  That explains a lot.  My mom told me that when you guys get your claws taken away, it's - well, we won't go into that - but it might possibly make your whole personality change and not for the better.  She knew another cat whose mom had its claws taken away and the cat was never the same.  (She's not friends with that person anymore.)  You are lucky you found your new mom and that she is really helping you with your feelings.  

I am so happy to hear your mouth is feeling better.  Everyone says we will, even though we don't believe it at first, but they are right, aren't they?  I hope it’s like that for me.

BTW, I haven't had my teeth done yet.  Mom explained it all to me the night before, and that I would go see some nice people who I could give kisses to, and then I would have to lie down on a table and soon go to sleep, and when I woke up all the way, Mom would be back to pick me up so I could go home to my own little bed.  She said I would come back all✨sparkly!

Well, the very thoughtful husband of the dentist lady called us super early yesterday morning to say his wife was sick and had to cancel.  This was before their office was even open.  Wasn't that nice?  And he doesn't even work there.  Of course, for me, the best part was that I could have my breakfast after all. 

Later, the office people called and now I'll have to wait to be ✨sparkly until the end of next month.    Mom said I could have gone in sooner with another dentist, but she has come to the point that she only trusts this lady dentist person because of some things that happened with another dog she had.  So I will take Mom's word for it, even though I have to have somebody stick me with another needle since they have to do another blood test before I go in.

Oh,yes, I have a chip, too.  I really don't remember much about it since they did it to me when I was still in the shelter.  (I was mostly all alone in the shelter, even though they tell me it was kind of fancy, with glass walls and everything, but they do stuff to you in there pretty much like what you are talking about.  I think that's part of the reason why I didn't make a peep all the way home for the two-hour car ride back to my Mom's house, even though I had never ridden in a doggy carrier before.  Mom said I had to be safe in the car and even though I didn't believe everything she told me on that first day, now I know she was right.)

I am looking forward to hearing more about your ongoing friendship with and protection by your special true friend, Robbie, and your new friendship with Fleur as it develops.  But her brother Phinn sounds like he's pretty anxious about having a "rival" in the house. 

We know how hard some cats take having rivals around.  My mom told me she used to have a beautiful calico girl cat who was, ahem, assertive, and that cat would sense there were other cats outside and try to spray the walls!  Yes, the walls.  Once, she even sprayed a light socket and Mom saw sparks.  She didn't believe it was the cat at first.  She thought a mouse or something was in the wall, but no, it was that girl cat.  That girl cat even sprayed the bottoms of the curtains and the last straw was that she sprayed some books on the bookcase.  Mom got very sad when her books were damaged.   She had to really watch her closely after that.  It was a long time ago, and the outside was safer back then, so mostly the cat was outside after that.  I think being a cat must be very hard, sometimes.   BTW, Mom still has those books but they're out in the garage!

It’s extra hard on our Moms, since they are the ones who have to do all the hard cleaning.  Mom says cleaning up after cats is trickier and harder work than cleaning up after dogs. 

Mostly, I’m glad to hear you’re finally away from that office where they poke you and you don’t have your Mom’s lap to sit in.  I know I’m not looking forward to my own visit but let’s both of us try to focus on our Moms and on our soft beds and our FOOD DISHES – yay! - and most of all how much our Moms (and maybe some special friends in our house) love us.

Your friend,

Kiku