Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: To @Drythe from Kiku

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach  & Kiku

Mom clicks on this site every day to help Dogs & Cats 

She just saw today that their June Flight to Freedom is rescuing

180 Chihuahuas.  *! Pictures !*

They are leaving from Fresno, CA and flying to Minnesota.  Hope they take their coats.  Kiku, you might have met some of them!

Anyway, I'm not asking for that money stuff, but I wanted you to know, your Mom prolly already knows, but you can jump on the buttons and help them for no money everyday!  

I LOVE to jump on THOSE buttons!  

Love, Ralphie

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

We did it, Ralphie @Drythe 

You know I like poking at those buttons, too.  And Mom signed me up so we get reminders so that we'll remember and I get to poke the buttons so more crunchies go to all our friends everywhere.

Mom also wants your dad to know that she doesn't want to just kill those spidey things and that she used to take a lot of time to catch them and carry them outside.  But these days she says that since her hands don't work as well as they used to, it's harder to do.  And especially if those spidey thingies show up after midnight, then she doesn't like the idea of them escaping because she wasn't fast enough.

Before I came to live here, my mom had a little girl dog that I never met.  One morning my mom noticed my mom had a bite, and then she noticed her little girl dog started to be sick so she realized the girl dog had a spidey bite, too.  The girl dog didn't feel well for a bunch of days, and had to go potty lots and lots.  Even what the doctor recommended didn't help as much as waiting for time to pass.  So now, because I'm even smaller than that girl dog, she doesn't want to take any chances.

She says if she could, she would "save them all," just like your friends at BFAS do.

I'm a little sad right now because I usually get to lie outside in the sunny sun shines but today Mom didn't let me except for a very short time.  She says if I show you this, you will understand.  I don't get it, but maybe your mom will. Mom says to tell you we are "inland," the top row.  Our nice weatherman also explained how hot it is for dog feet on concrete and asphalt.  We have to wait for tonight for my walkie.

download.jpg

If you were here, you might even want to get a little bit wet. (Don't worry, we know that would be really awful for you.)

Later we'll tell you about our new (too many) visitors, the wasps and the yellow jackets and how my mom was trying to discourage them with oils and a fake nest.

I hope you can get in a few good naps today like me, Ralphie.

Doggy kisses to everyone,

Kiku

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Dear Ralphie's mom @Drythe 

Look what my mom just discovered.  One of those Image result for twitter logoads included this thingy called a Critter Catcher that says you can catch  🕷without hurting them and then you can put them back outside.  The amazon place has them.  

My mom says this might be "it."  All I care about is no bites!

Love, Kiku

Honored Contributor

Re: To @Drythe from Kikup

[ Edited ]
Dear Friends,

We hope you are well, and cool.  We are still HOT and damp.

I think your Spidey thingy is interesting.  Does it work?  If not, it might make a great cat / dog toy.  Mom does try to rehabilitate them too, but she is low tech.  She uses a small clear, plastic, cup and a stiff index card.  She puts the cup over their body, and slides the card under the cup.  But, of course, you can’t do that in the bed - NO WAY!    Hopefully, the bed spiders will not be back!

We have had a sad time.  Mommer’s 1st cousin went away abit over a week ago.  Mom had 23  1st cousins, when she was a girl.  This person was the 2 nd oldest one.  When Mom was little her folks worked and she would stay with this cousin sometimes during the days.  About 6 of the cousins would be there, and the oldest would take care of them, although she was barely a bit older herself.  Mommers says this cousin taught her how tie her shoes, and make a bed, and she watched after them and made sanwippies for them, and kept them fairly clean, and and well… it is sad.  She had been sick for a while. I don't seem to have any cousins around, do you?  Mommers say I have some 'proly' but like hers, they are just not close by.

Also the DH of our good friend from Hungary went away this week.  It was very fast, and a surprise.  I think people you love shouldn’t have to go away, don’t you?  We are 😢.

Well, we have a new visitor in our yard.  A picture came from the Wild Life camera. This is surely Wild.  I know this one a bit, because h/she visits our courtyard and MY screened porch opens to the courtyard.  Also, there is a ‘possum named Esmeralda who lives under MY screened porch.  Mom says she has lived there since they built our home.  She must be VERY old! 

BUT, as you see here, we have a 'critter catcher' of our own.  Boy can this one eat a BUNCH of birdseed.  But it's not a bird.  You know that.  Hope your Mom will let you do growlies at him a bit anyway.  Robbie and Bertie bark, and bark, 'course they are on MY screened porch looking at him.  Mom says managing us all is like being an air traffic controller - what's that?  We call him Rocky.  Does he look a bit silly to you?  I think so.

So, now we are not putting food in this, the biggest bird feeder.  I know everyone gets hungry, and likes treats (I do, don’t you?) but this is SILLY!  No dignity at ALL!  Would you do that?  So we have to get a larger baffle, heck, I'm baffled already!  What's he doing there?

Are the Yellow Jackets still there with the Wasps at your home?  I see them once in a while too, but they are on the other side of the screen.  I hope they go away from your home.  One time Mommers was walking with a doggie I did not ever meet, and this doggie ran into a Yellow Jacket nest.  Mom and Dad had to take him to the Veteran very fast because they were worried about ‘anti feel ax is’.  He was OK, and now there is a shot, one doggie size, and one Cat size,  in our ‘in a mercy kit’ just in case anyone needs it.  When they got home from the Veterans Mom showed Dad where the big ole’ ground nest was, and she says that Dad BURNED it.  He is usually SO calm.  I don’know……

We are happy you are jumping on THOSE special buttons to help people.  We poke them every day and think of y’all every time.

I am sending many PURZZ and paw pats to you and your Mommie @GingerPeach .  

Robbie says HI,HI,HI, HI too.  Sometimes he gets a bit excited. Big ole' silly boy!

Love, your friend,
Ralphie

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Hi Mr. Ralphie,

We are sending good people & doggie thoughts to your mom @Drythe  and her family and friends on losing some special people.  I love people.  I always want to go up to them to let them give me lots of rubs and scritches.  I would really miss not having nice people in my own life so I understand how everyone there is super sad.  

I don't miss spiders, though.  My mom didn't buy the spidey thing yet since we haven't seen any more lately.  She used to use the cup/paper idea but these days her hands aren't always reliable.  That's why she doesn't try to cut my nails, either.  By the way, she says I need that again soon. Help, Ralphie.  Can you help me get away from going there?  She is also trying to make me get used to a raspy thing to rub my nails on but I'm not sure if I like it yet.  I get treats, but it's kind of weird. But I am more OK with it than the cutting.

None of the oils or water bags or other things worked for the wasps and yellowjackets.  They acted like they didn't even see them.  We thought they were very snobby.  And when my mom sprayed the oil stuff around, lots of the poor plants got spots!  I think plants are not supposed to have brown spots. 

So she decided to figure out more exactly what those guy were after and it was two things: one was the little insecty things on some flowers and the other was a tiny bit of water left under one pot.  So she moved that pot where the water was collecting to a place where it would just drain away fast and she  also took away all these orangey flowers in the picture because the wasps were interested in them.  Now it's bare where they used to be.  We used to have about 6-8 wasps every day and now we have maybe 2 or 3 and sometimes none.  We think that's much better.  Those flowers grow super fast so we will for sure have them again next year.

But we do still have one carpenter bee.  He is very cool.  He is the size of a bumblee but he is all black.  See those red flowers?  Those are salvia.  He sticks his long nose thing at the flower and pokes a hole and sucks out all the sweet stuff.  We think the flower takes its time to grow the pieces back together because we also have lots of hummingbirds that drink the sweet flower stuff.  We don't have any hummingbird feeders (cause of the ants and wasps) but the hummers like my mom's flowers a lot.

DSCN0638.JPG

The only problem is that I still can't lie outside as much as I used to because Mom is afraid I might try to snap up a wasp-although mostly I try to tell her I'm ignoring them.  We don't have a "mer gen sea" kit yet.

We have those Rocky animals in our neighborhood but not in our tiny backyard.  We do have mice in the yard, though.  Yesterday my mom saw two mice just hanging out next to the A/C unit outside--in the daytime.  There is a screen around it so I can't get near it.  We think the mice like our yard because there is no danger in it, and they probably like the seeds and stuff that fall down from all my mom's flowers. The mice are gone today.  One day my mom will show you a picture of the things she used to block the spaces under the fence so mice couldn't get in, but they are hard to block cause they are even smaller than me.

Here's one from before I lived here.  It was just sitting right where I now walk around!  My mom sometimes washes the patio.  

DSCN0228a.JPG

I just came back from my morning walkie and before I go take my nap, I'm going to go jump on those buttons!  I have good dreams when I do that.

Also, it's not been super hot, and the next few days will be what my mom calls "pleasant."  After that, who knows?

Big doggy kisses from your friend Kiku 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach  & Kiku,

Just a quick note to say HI!

On Tuesday evening Phinn was in the back yard SCREAMING at someone!

Well, Dad went to see, and here he is

Yes, I know the pic is upside down.  So, you will have to stand on your head!  : )  I am not at all sure that I like this one bit.  He is only a teenager, INTACT (what the heck is that?), very friendly, head butter, did I say VERY friendly, and what is up with that SHORT tail?

So, MY friend Robbie has already been to make friends with him, MY friend!  He is staying on MY porch!  I am NOT happy.

Mom and Dad are desperately trying to find who he belongs to, cause he knows about people & dogs & wants to come in to MY home.  But they both say he can not stay here.  So they are also putting up signs, and contacting anyone they can think of who might give him a home & TUTOR him.  Strange, his tail doesn't seem to have been hurt, could he have come that way?  I don't know.

All for now, must go and HISS some more.

Love,

Ralphie

Honored Contributor

I can hear you hissing, Ralphie.  Does your mom @Drythe have to close the door to your porch so she can take a break from hearing that you are SO not happy?

I wish I could be there to help distract that teenage interloper and keep him away from you and off your own private porch.  Teenagers, really.

My mom and I are sure your mom and dad will have him in a new home very, very soon.  I heard they are super good at that kind of thing.

(You are an excellent hisser, Ralphie!  Loud and strong!)

Love, Kiku

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Kiku,

Thank You very much for the kindness, I am beginning to feel,  a.  bit,   well, jealous.  gulp.  You are a GOOD Friend.

Yes, Mom goes out on MY porch with HIM, and leaves ME in the house, door closed.

I sure wish you could come and BARK really loud and scare him away, but poor guy, I mean sneaky, little, thief, he can’t leave the porch.

Right now I am in the house, I found something in the rug to chase, and flip over, and over with.  Mom can’t see it, but I can. Whoops Big Jump & Leap!

Sending this song to You and your Mom @GingerPeach 

BARK BARK BARK 

HISS HISS HISS

BARK BARK BARK

HISS HISS HISS HISS

BARK

HISS

BARK HISS BARK HISS HISS HISS

Well, needs work.  Maybe We can practice.

Sending Love, and PURZZ to y’all.

Ralphie

HISSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!

Honored Contributor

My mom wanted you to hear me barking so she listened to this video and she thinks #6 is most like me.  Except I'm way cuter than that #6 dog.  Plus I have much more nuance and direction and instruction in my own barks.  I am barking at my front door right now because I heard something going on that is not supposed to be there.  They are almost gone.  I am very powerful.  But not obnoxious, of course.

Play this for that teenager.  I hope it helps you and your mom, @Drythe . Heart  Although your mom probably wants to keep extra noises away since she has a big Heart  Oh, well, I tried.  Have fun with your carpet games.  That sounds like a great thing you started!

Love, Kiku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKKodznKUzg

Frequent Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Dear @Drythe

Today my mom was trying to teach me "sit."

I wasn't very interested because my philosphy is that princesses should not have to "work" for snacks and treats.  But Mom thinks the opposite.

She said I would be happier once I knew more words.

As if I don't already know enough words.  I learned my new name really fast.  And I know walkie, and blankie, and big bed, and supper, and wait, and "see you later" and I'm sure I know some that Mom doesn't even know about.  But none of those involve me doing stuff I don't really want to.

But to please mom, and to actually make her give me more treats, I guess I'll cooperate.

I hope Ralphie is feeling more settled.  We are sending very good thoughts for him.  I hope he will understand, like I do, how much fun it is to snuggle with Mom while watching Outlander!

@GingerPeach and Kiku from Ralphie,

Well as you can see I’ve got the sleeping stuff down!  The huge yellow dog keeps trying to wash my face and I don’t like it.  Why do doggies do that?

I’m sure you know all those words already, so you might want to go ahead and make your Mommers happy and follow through.  In my experience they don’t give up easily.  The big yellow dog knows lots of words, but My Mommers must be magic, ‘cause she can wave her hands around and get him to do things.  I heard the words ‘hand signals’, I’m having nothing to do with those, whatever they are.  But you are very right to make her work for it!

The jury is still out on this new home.  The people are Ok, but I do NOT care for the other cats!  I want to be the one and only, and here I don’t even have seniority!  There is a very senior Meeze who just ignores me.  ME, she ignores ME.  Well I can tell you, I growl and run at her every time I think I can get away with it.  Mommers used to speak sharply to me for it, but now she is threatening to HIT (tap on the butt) me.  I just can’t seem to leave that cat alone, and I don’t see why I should!

Sending you high Five 🐾, you stick to your standards and don’t do anything undignified!  No treat is worth that... well once in a while.

Love, Ralph

Ralph sleep

Beautiful kitty @Drythe!

A rolypoly !

🐱😻🐱