Honored Contributor

Re: Tipping a Mobile Groomer

If you do not know if you should tip.....just tip.  It will make someone's day....and you can feel good too for showing your appreciation for their service.

Honored Contributor

I think generous tipping is more prevalent in some parts of the country than in others.   I never tip a groomer and she doesn't seem to expect it.   Actually I never even see her as she has a receptionist who does all the contact with customers.  I've talked about this with friends who are "dog people"  and they say they don't tip groomers either.   The service is so expensive,  I can't afford the grooming plus a 20% tip. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I always tip our groomer. The reason being, our standard schnauzer is a real challenge and she is so good with him. We've had him eight years and I can't remember how many groomers we went through trying to find one that could deal with him. He even bit a supervisor at one of our Petco's here. Yikes.

Have a Delicious Sunday

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

I tip $10.00 per dog.  I think that is enough.  I have 2 groomed at the same time so he makes $20.00 over  the price he set.

Valued Contributor

No, you could tip a professional mover if hourly and they do a job well and within a good time frame, but I would never think of tipping a furniture delievery of a purchase.

Occasional Visitor

[ Edited ]

What do you tip a mobile groomer, when they use your water & electricity? My Yorkie is only 3 pounds and is very well behaved!

Respected Contributor

I'd tip the usual 20% especially since they're dealing with a being that has a mind of it's own.  80Lbs is one big dog to bathe. especially if they've never met the pet before.

As far as delivery or repair persons , many times they are required to inform us that they are not to accept tips.  If they have done a good job I will offer and if they decline  I will say something like ... "Well,  I'll just leave it on the cabinet here.....you wouldn't believe how many things I've lost behind this old thing."  Thank them again and go back inside.  Usually it's gone when I check.  It's worth it to me to reward a job well done. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

If you do not know if you should tip.....just tip.  It will make someone's day....and you can feel good too for showing your appreciation for their service.

I completely agree. Especially with service people you see regularly, especially if they do a good job. You want to keep them happy and glad to have you as a client. I tip as generoously as I can.

Besides, what goes around, comes around. And do unto others as you like them to do unto you.