Valued Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

I felt the warmth and support today from all who were thinking about or praying for Taffy and me. You hear about it but now I know it is real. You helped me get through the day. Taffy has never shown fear at the vet's office in the past but today he was trembling. Dementia is a cruel disease. The doctor was patient and kind. He gave Taffy and me as much time and privacy as we needed before and after the procedure. I wrapped my arms around Taffy, talked to him, kissed his ears and told him how much he means to me. The injection works quickly and he passed away peacefully. 

Earlier in the day I had taken Taffy for a walk in our neighborhood. Many people know him by sight if not by name. I'm glad, though, that we went unnoticed. He ate a little of the Whopper hamburger patty for lunch. That final ride in the car was hard.

It's wonderful that you had time to give Taffy some wonderful memories.  I always knew that somewhere inside my Belle was the healthy border collie I raised and shared my life with after I retired.    But the time came when she lost the ability to function in this world.   Taffy and Belle are both in a better place now, perhaps sharing their experiences and thanking us for freeing them from the sad life they were leading.      I have had to put down 5 dogs in my life, and I think Belle was the hardest.

Trusted Contributor

@Silver Lining So very sorry.  Worst part about having a pet is saying goodbye.  Will be thinking of you all day. 

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

I felt the warmth and support today from all who were thinking about or praying for Taffy and me. You hear about it but now I know it is real. You helped me get through the day. Taffy has never shown fear at the vet's office in the past but today he was trembling. Dementia is a cruel disease. The doctor was patient and kind. He gave Taffy and me as much time and privacy as we needed before and after the procedure. I wrapped my arms around Taffy, talked to him, kissed his ears and told him how much he means to me. The injection works quickly and he passed away peacefully. 

Earlier in the day I had taken Taffy for a walk in our neighborhood. Many people know him by sight if not by name. I'm glad, though, that we went unnoticed. He ate a little of the Whopper hamburger patty for lunch. That final ride in the car was hard.

@Silver Lining 

Please find comfort and solace in

the fact that Taffy always knew

how much you loved him,that he

was surrounded by that same love

when you sent him to The Bridge in

peace and with dignity and that he is

now running like a puppy with all

of his new friends through the sunlit

meadows of that most blessed place .

Even though you can't see him

his precious spirit will be with

you 24/7 until you are reunited

again for eternity.

I will light a special memorial candle

for your beloved boy at the pet loss

dot com site this morning.

((((((HeartSILVER LINING & TAFFYHeart))))))

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry...  we all understand we have been there. I have four senior dogs and I have had cats and dogs all of my life. Part of being a good dog parent is knowing when to let go. God bless you and Taffy.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining - I've been thinking about you and praying for you. I know your home must seem so empty now, but the wonderful memories of Taffy and his romping about will fill it and give you peace. We are here for you any time you want to tell us more about him. (((HUGS)))

Trusted Contributor

@Silver Lining   I just read your post, and my heart is sad for you.   Taffy sounds like he had a wonderful life being your sweet baby.  You rescued him and gave him love and a new life he never would of had.  The love and affection you both had for each other will always remain safe in your heart.  Take care friend.

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining   I just found your thread.  Please accept my condolences for your loss.  You have many friends here that understand what you are going through.  We are here for you.  Even though you did the right thing for Taffy, it doesn't make it any easier.

Again, so sorry for your loss. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Time to say goodbye

[ Edited ]

@Silver Lining 

Just saw this note....and feel the tears welling.  

Everyone here knows your pain...you were lucky to have each other for so many years.

Know that Taffy will be waiting for you...God bless.

Respected Contributor

I've not mentioned Taffy's "little brother" on this thread but have at other times. Kipper is two years younger than Taffy and from a different shelter. He and sixty-three other dogs and cats were rescued from a puppy mill thirteen years ago. Kip is devastated by the loss of our Taffy. We are both grieving. I had tried to prepare for it but we are having a terrible time. I can reason with myself and know things will get better but my baby can't. I am so grateful for your support. Please keep both of us in your thoughts if possible.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

I've not mentioned Taffy's "little brother" on this thread but have at other times. Kipper is two years younger than Taffy and from a different shelter. He and sixty-three other dogs and cats were rescued from a puppy mill thirteen years ago. Kip is devastated by the loss of our Taffy. We are both grieving. I had tried to prepare for it but we are having a terrible time. I can reason with myself and know things will get better but my baby can't. I am so grateful for your support. Please keep both of us in your thoughts if possible.

@Silver Lining 

Sending out tons of special healing

prayers and love filled comfort

hugs to you and your precious Kipper.

(((((HeartSILVER LINING & KIPPERHeart)))))

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=