Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry that time has come.  I hope you will find comfort in knowing what a loving home you have given him for so many years.  Take care.   Heart

Valued Contributor

Thinking of you......

Honored Contributor

It’s never easy to say good bye. Bless your heart at this difficult time. @Silver Lining 

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear that. But what a good life that you gave to Taffy. And for 15 years. 

Thank you for giving Taffy such a loving family to spend his time.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry.  I understand what you're going through.

Respected Contributor

Re: Time to say goodbye

[ Edited ]

In addition to his confusion and fear, he is so disoriented now he bumps into door frames and walks into walls or face first into a corner. He gets hungry but can't figure out how to eat so I hand feed him. He also has Sundowner's syndrome and paces for hours at night. He's napping right now. He startles so easily and  gets so upset so  I'll let him sleep and try for a walk later. This is his last night on earth. I want him to be as happy as he possibly can. It's okay if we have to go out after dark. We've done that many times. I' m thinking about running down to the closest Burger King and getting him a plain hamburger.

Respected Contributor

Sending love. There’s not much to say that can help... We grieve when we lose a loved one-  but I’ll try, As Dr. Seuss once said... “ Don’t cry that it’s over, smile because it happened “... 🙏💝

Respected Contributor

My heart goes out to you at this sad time.  Hope his nap is peaceful and his waking time is soothed and comforted by your nearness and love.  

Super Contributor

Many blessings to you and your Taffy. Many prayers for peace too. I believe your baby knows he was loved and cherished.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

In addition to his confusion and fear, he is so disoriented now he bumps into door frames and walks into walls or face first into a corner. He gets hungry but can't figure out how to eat so I hand feed him. He also has Sundowner's syndrome and paces for hours at night. He's napping right now. He startles so easily and  gets so upset so  I'll let him sleep and try for a walk later. This is his last night on earth. I want him to be as happy as he possibly can. It's okay if we have to go out after dark. We've done that many times. I' m thinking about running down to the closest Burger King and getting him a plain hamburger.

@Silver Lining 

Many years ago I had a dog that did that as well.  Your description brings back all the pain I felt then.  Just what I’m sure you’ve been feeling.

You did all you could for all these years.  Now it’s time to do the one last thing you can for him.  Many here have been in your place and we all know how hard it is.  

I’m so sorry.  You have my prayers.   🙏🕊❤️🐾💔