Respected Contributor

Time to say goodbye

[ Edited ]

My deeply loved dog, Taffy, is leaving me tomorrow. He was approximately two years old when I adopted him from his second shelter fifteen years ago so he is at least seventeen. He has been a treasured part of my family of people, cats and dogs. He from advanced Canine Cognitive Dysfunction

Respected Contributor

Sorry, I'm so upset I can't post correctly. 

Respected Contributor

My heart goes out to you and your beloved friend. I've lost so many of my kitties over the years and it's a real heart breaker. We have to do whats best for them. I vow never to go thru it again, but then it's kinda lonely without the little buggers. I'll be thinking of you. Take care.

Honored Contributor

It is so tough to say goodbye, spoil him tonite,   and i know it hurts, be with him as he  leaves this earth ,and you ,so sorry.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining   I'm so sorry for what you are going through.  I've been where you are many times.  It's always so hard.  Give Taffy lots of love tonight and tomorrow as you say goodbye.  I know you will.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Since I was a young girl I have had dogs and cats in my life.  As each one passed it was always difficult, always heart breaking and always took time to heal.  I am so sorry you have to go through this sadness, I hope you find peace of mind in time.

Contributor

My heart goes out to you. You have taken care of him for so many years and loved him. Now you will do one last thing for him tomorrow.  Never easy to say goodbye to our beloved fur babies. They give us so much love and take a part of our hearts with them as they go. Bless your heart for rescuing Taffy and taking such good care of him all these years. You have truly been a blessing in his life. My heart & thoughts and prayers are with you.

Esteemed Contributor

Though it crushes you entire heart, you are doing what's best for Taffy.  You are a wonderful mom to Taffy, doing what's best for her.

Our babies can sense our innermost feelings and realizes you'll be sacrificing your happiness to grant her comfort and peace,  Your love for each other may temporarily keep ypu apart, but will never end.HeartHeart

Valued Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

He from advanced Canine Cognitive Dysfunction

I am so sorry.  I put my 14 year old Belle down after 2 years of Canine CD - she had Sundowner's syndrome - was up all night and slept during the day.  I so understand what you are going through - I almost think its harder when its not a physical illness.    Be good to yourself.   I truly don't think they are happy or living a quality life when their minds are in decline. 

Respected Contributor

@Silver Lining   I'm so sorry for you and Taffy.

Tonight make time to whisper to him about your reunion at the Rainbow Bridge, hug and kiss him.

If you can be there when he passes that would be a blessing for him.

This is always so hard, but we love them so we continue to adopt, give love, and wait for our reunions.