Honored Contributor

Re: Tidy Cats Liteweight Litter Warning

@Mama Mia wrote:

Thanks for all your replies. I am talking about the LITEWEIGHT litter. It costs about 12.58 a box at Walmart. It is NOT the BREEZE system either, not familiar with that one. We have used Clump and Seal too.

This very lightweight and I supposed can get breathed in by the cats easily as it is very dusty. We quit right away for that reason and the expense.

mm

Yes, I know your OP isn't about the Breeze system, I was offering it as a better alternative. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

I love CLUMP & SEAL as well especially since there's no dust.

Super Contributor

I've been experimenting with the Tidy cats lightweight and I think it is much less dusty than the regular Tidy cat litter.  I have eight cats and the lightweight lasts longer but it is too expensive.  I bought a bunch of regular Tidy cat at our grocery store when they had buy one get one free - and I went crazy.  I was there everyday and bought the limit.  I have been mixing the two together - 2 parts regular to 1/2 part lightweight and I swear it seems to last longer and it's easier to clean out the litter pans.

Have you seen or heard anyone else complain about this problem?

Gail

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Respected Contributor

@gailchap wrote:

I've been experimenting with the Tidy cats lightweight and I think it is much less dusty than the regular Tidy cat litter.  I have eight cats and the lightweight lasts longer but it is too expensive.  I bought a bunch of regular Tidy cat at our grocery store when they had buy one get one free - and I went crazy.  I was there everyday and bought the limit.  I have been mixing the two together - 2 parts regular to 1/2 part lightweight and I swear it seems to last longer and it's easier to clean out the litter pans.

Have you seen or heard anyone else complain about this problem?

Gail

I use the Tidycat Lightweight formula, the original formula with the blue cap.  I dont think it is any dustier than most litters.  No problem with my cats.  It seems to last longer than other litters.  They do have a couple of newer formulas that have more odor control.