Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts on 1 or 2 kittens?

I always recommend getting 2.    My daughter just rescued 2.   A co-worker who rescued one, got another one because the first one was desperate for her attention all the time.

And whatever your decision, please spay or neuter!   
Even in "inside" cat.

Super Contributor

The more the better.   I have 9 cats and love each one.  They all have different personalities and each one loves ME!!!  I get cuddles from all of them...some at the same time.  They also want to cuddle with my dogs but my dogs don't like to cuddle with them.

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Honored Contributor

Two are a lot of work, but very rewarding.  I had two from the same litter.  My girl passed at 13 and my boy passed in March at 18.  My heart is broken.  I am going to get two when I'm ready.  I don't want to rush into anything.  

Valued Contributor

Wow, thanks everybody for the replies.  Thank you all for the input.

With regards to my recent heartache, my heart goes out to @GCR18 and all of you that have experienced that absolutely terrible, gut-wrenching pain.  There aren't words to describe it.

Valued Contributor

When me and DH decided 18 yrs ago to get our first kitty we went to look at 2 kitten's. We both agreed to choose only one because we had never had a cat before and really did'nt know what to expect. Well, when we arrived he held one and I held the other one. We knew then we were not leaving without both kitten's. We were so happy that we adopted both. They were brother's and watching them play together and keep each other company and chase each other around was great for them and lot's of happy and funny moment's for us. Since then we have adopted 2 more set's of brother's. I think adopting 2 kitten's is great for the kitten's and watching them play together and the different personalitie's emerge is so much fun. I say go for two.

Honored Contributor

Funny Animal Pictures Of The Day - 20 Pics:

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I would recommend adopting two littermates.  I have had cats for years and one time I did adopt 2 orphaned female littermates that were 3 months old.  Misty lived to be 13 and Muffy lived to be 19.  So many shelters are overflowing this time of year with animals that need homes.  I'm sure you'll find exactly what you want.  Enjoy!   

Super Contributor

@April-Rose  Thanks!  Yes, it is the same thing with my two.  I didn't know either that there could be two fathers in the same litter.  It's rough out there for these poor animals.