Honored Contributor

I see so many people walking their dog....looking down at their phone and texting  while walking along.....how irresponsible!  What if your dog suddenly ran and pulled free....saw another dog ...a cat, a squirrel....pulled the leash from your hands. So many bad things could transpire to your dog and to others.  And of course you can trip and fall and get hurt as well... not watching what is in front of you......(DUH.....)🙄

When  walking your dog, get off the phone!   Be PRESENT.  Be RESPONSIBLE.  If only for that half hour or hour you spend walking your dog.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This troubles me. (RANT)

They've shown a clip a few times on tv - where a woman was in the mall - and walking out of a store. She was so busy texting on her phone - she walked into the water fountain!!!! Maybe something thas to happen to them - and then they'll wake up.

Respected Contributor

Replace "walking their dog" with walking with their children, yes, mother's face down on the phone and the children in the back of her!

That's my rant.

Respected Contributor

Just people in general making their phone the focus of their day no matter what they are doing or where they are is annoying  i was in line behind some woman who was in the middle of paying for her purchase, got a text on her phone and told the cashier "hold on, hold on" while she proceeded to pry her phone out of her back pocket and read the message.  I so wanted to tell her to either pay for her purchase or step aside.

Trusted Contributor

I was at my favorite thrift store - one that benefits ferel cats.

They have a cat room behind glass and inside was a woman and a boy that were supposed to be playing with the cats.

The woman had a cat dancer toy in her hand but was looking at the phone and not really interacting with the poor cat. She then passed the phone back to the boy; there was some video showing on it.

Put the dang phone away for 10 minutes and be in the present. The cats need you to help socialize them. And what example are you setting for the child???

Trusted Contributor

Just walking in general while texting.   I won't go downtown any more if I can avoid it.  People are so busy texting they don't pay attention to traffic's lights.  If you toot your horn they get upset and give you a look or occasionally the "bird".  When driving in town I worry more about these people than I do our crazy drivers.

Locally we get lectured all the time as driver's to be responsible behind the wheel.   We have signs all over town in the middle of our streets at marked pedestrian crossings to give walkers the right away.  Of course we are not going to hit people in the street.  Some of these markings are on state roads coming into town.   Cars will stop for a biker or walker (on the walking path) who hasn't even gotten to the road yet.  This holds up multiple vehicles coming into town.  Some day that is going to cause a serious accident.   The vehicles in line are not going to expect to have to stop for an empty road.  

Respected Contributor

May I join your ranting?  Yes, That!  Pay attention to your pet.  Do NOT consider your dog who is ranging 10 feet in front of you on a flexi lead,  to be Leashed. You have no control over what he does or swallows when he's that far ahesd AND the line between you and your dog is a danger to walkers and bikers.  If a biker rides through that lead line it can  snap your dogs neck.  Pay attention to your pets an your walks!

Trusted Contributor

People constantly having to be WIRED IN! They have no attention span at all and need constant input. Plug back into life. 

Respected Contributor

ITA.  I just don't get what is so darned important on those things.  I have a smart phone, but it's probably smarter than I am.  Sometimes I actually go a whole day forgetting to check it for messages.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

May I join your ranting?  Yes, That!  Pay attention to your pet.  Do NOT consider your dog who is ranging 10 feet in front of you on a flexi lead,  to be Leashed. You have no control over what he does or swallows when he's that far ahesd AND the line between you and your dog is a danger to walkers and bikers.  If a biker rides through that lead line it can  snap your dogs neck.  Pay attention to your pets an your walks!

@candys mine Thank you for sharing!   When I walk my one Golden, she finds all kinds of nasty things to pick up. Twice last week it was some kind of bone.  She would have swallowed it I know it if I had not been watching her and got it out of her mouth..   Not a good thing for her to swallow.