Esteemed Contributor

This kitten is part mountain goat!!

We have the stairs blocked off.  There are 4 steps to a landing, a turn then stairs to the loft.  There is a large window next to the first 4 steps.  We took down her enclosure yesterday and last night was her 1st not contained at night. DD got large tri-fold heavy cardboard 3+ft. high.  We have it across the front of the front and sides of the steps.  Put heavy things to hold it. No cracks or crevices for Petunia to squeeze thru.

At 5:30am this morning I heard cardboard moving and that little twerp was on the 2nd step. I checked and the cardboard was intact and not moved.  DD and I couldn't figure how she did it.

Well, an hour later mystery solved.  There is a stone wall near the steps.  I watched her scale the stone to near the window, jumped on the window sill. walked across to the other end and jump down to the stairs, up she went to the loft.

None of my other cats, as kittens or adult,s ever scaled that stone wall. Ok, I admit it, that kitten is smarter than I am.

Honored Contributor

Re: This kitten is part mountain goat!!

So funny! 😂

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I really need a picture of this kitten. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Petunia sounds delightful! Be ready for many adventurous years with this little girl!! Love the updates.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids   Yeah, she's delightful alright.   lol   I don't think I had to "baby" proof my house this much when my kids were little.  And my DD was a climber to boot.  Holy cow!

Respected Contributor

Too funny.  I'm lovin' Little Petunia more each day!

Denise
Respected Contributor

I am loving hearing about little P ... but we need a photo .....

Valued Contributor

Sounds like my 14 month old cat Chloe.  She would do something like that I am sure if we had steps and a loft.  She moves her water bowls all over the kitchen and dumps water everwhere, one bowl is a big glass one and other stainless with a rubber bottom.  She is too smart for her own good sometimes.  Cats, go figure.

Honored Contributor

I’d say she wants to be upstairs.

Just a guess.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe   DD's bedroom is upstairs.  Whenshe went up to bed at last Petunia sat and watched her go up the steps.  I'm sure she wanted to go.  DD keeps her door open a crack because she would never hear me if I yelled fire or I fell.

My fear is the little pill will squeeze thru the railing and fall 12 ft..  We had another cat do that.  Scared the C**p out of me.

I am too old for this.  lol