Respected Contributor

Re: This kitten is part mountain goat!!

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Do you put up a Christmas tree?  If so, you're in for an adventure this year with Petunia.  Woman Very Happy

We used to set up a Nativity beneath our tree.  Our cat liked to push the Christ Child out of the way so that she could sleep in the hay.  Somewhere in my files there is a photo of her curled up asleep with 3 wise men, Mary and Joseph encircling her in adoration. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG   I haven't had a tree in years.  In the rare years I get any Christmas spirit I have a 24" ceramic tree a co-worker made for DH decades ago I can put on a table.

No way I could trust this kittyaround decorations.  I would have to hang them from the ceiling.

She looks so innocent.  But then so did Ted Bundy.  lol

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@IamMrsG   I haven't had a tree in years.  In the rare years I get any Christmas spirit I have a 24" ceramic tree a co-worker made for DH decades ago I can put on a table.

No way I could trust this kittyaround decorations.  I would have to hang them from the ceiling.

She looks so innocent.  But then so did Ted Bundy.  lol

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I haven't put up a tree in a while either. I have a two year old cat, and I've said that there's no way I could possibly have a tree now if I wanted to.  He's into everything.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

RLS: First. I think you're a hoot in expressing yourself!

2nd, does DD know how to post pictures?  We NEED to see Petunia!! Cat LOL

3rd, Xmas decorations are iffy.  At one time, made it a point to buy ALL non-breakable tree ornaments for our 3 cats.  No problem.

Did an entire Dept. 56 Xmas Village on a 4 x 8 platform (next to ceramic tile, no less.)!!   Popcorn (the biggest pest) would knock down individual "people", but never broke anything.

Maybe that's why I love cats - they're not only unpredictable but sometimes smarter than us,

Denise
Respected Contributor

Why is it that cats always want to go in places, and on things, that are behind closed doors or blocked off in some way?  Little pests they are.

My cat is forever wanting to go inside my lower kitchen cabinets, so I tend to leave some of the cabinet doors ajar.  Of course, she wants to go into the cabinet where the door is closed.  If I leave something on the floor, she has to sit on it, thinking it was put there especially for her pleasure.  Yet if I tried to get her to sit on something, she'd ignore me and turn in the other direction.  She can be a nuisance, but I luv her anyway.

Yes, we must have pictures of Petunia!!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Retired - keep poesting your stories!

you have such a terrific way of storytelling - please get your stories into a lil compilation of sorts and find a like-minded animal lover to illustrate it -

I believe with all my heart that you're missing your calling.

C'mon, write a book about your animal adventures - please!!!!!