Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is why we can't have nice things........

@Kachina624  No mantle.  I do have 2 6ft. tall cabinets in my kitchen.  One has breakables on the top.

My fear is the little maniac will jump on the stove.  I am in the kitchen when it's on, but the burners stay hot for awhile after they are turned off.

Our orange devil, Gizmo, was just a fearless, crazy. never stops kitten.  Somrtimes when Petunia gets into something DD says "she's is Gizmo 2.0".

I am hoping when she's old enough to spay she tones down some.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Kachina624  No mantle.  I do have 2 6ft. tall cabinets in my kitchen.  One has breakables on the top.

My fear is the little maniac will jump on the stove.  I am in the kitchen when it's on, but the burners stay hot for awhile after they are turned off.

Our orange devil, Gizmo, was just a fearless, crazy. never stops kitten.  Somrtimes when Petunia gets into something DD says "she's is Gizmo 2.0".

I am hoping when she's old enough to spay she tones down some.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I put Henry in my bedroom and close the door when the stove is on and leave him there until it cools down.  I don't cook that often so it's not a big deal for me.  I am scared to death he would jump on the stove though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our house was made for cats (this is Millie):

cimg0314.jpg

Our great room has three 6 ft.. bookcases against one wall with a pathway separating them from a sofa.  It was not surprising to find our little madman, Rocko, STREAK across the room, jump on the sofa back to my shoulder to the top of the bookcases as I strolled by.  (The 1st time was a shock, though). Cat LOL

I'd give anything to have them back.Woman Sad

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb  Oh geez, your kitty wins the jumping award!  I can see Little P trying it though.

I still have the railing in the loft blocked off because that would interest her to no end. 

She is a busy kitten and I forget I was a lot younger and able bodied when my other cats were small.

Honored Contributor

We had a cat that would sleep on the top shelf of the cabnits over the washing machine.  The cabinets went to the ceiling and we could never figure out how he got up on the third shelf and never knocked anything out of it. 

If the doors were closed, he would open them. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Years ago I bought a free standing island with a butcher block top. It weighs a ton and I have it against a wall. Small TV on one end and a wrought iron wine holder on the other.  I have a rack for wine glasses above it.  I had a tall hurricane vase with those little battery operated lights in it. Notice the word "had" in the previous sentence.

I heard a noise in the kitchen.  Well, it seems Petunia somehow got up there and was on her hind legs batting at my wine glasses.  She had also knocked over the hurricane vase and pulled out all the lights.

I have no idea how she got up there.  It is way to high for her to jump from the floor.  The kitchen table is 4ft. away.    She is like Rocky the freakin flying squirrel.

There are toys all over but nope gotta play with glass. It's a good thing I haven't had a Christmas tree in years.  No way I could have one with this kitten around.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Henri is a cutie....Cat Very Happy Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@NickNack 

Henri is a cutie....Cat Very Happy Heart

Thank you @Spurt !

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@denisemb 

WOW...your kitty Millie is a real JUMPER!!! Cat Surprised

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

Well, to be fair she would jump from the lower cabinet to the top of the armoire to the ledge, and bengals have long powerful hindquarters for jumping.

Millie before.jpg

Denise