Honored Contributor

Re: This is why Great Danes make such great baby sitters

[ Edited ]

LOVE Great Danes, especially since they adore kids. Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing this!

Honored Contributor

I just went to the website and read some of the Doggie Dailies.  I think I  had read about the organization before on another site. There was a story about a girl who had mobility trouble and with the help of the dog she was able to attend school.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla wrote:

I just went to the website and read some of the Doggie Dailies.  I think I  had read about the organization before on another site. There was a story about a girl who had mobility trouble and with the help of the dog she was able to attend school.

@drizzellla I believe what you may have been looking at is Bella and George who won the AKC Service Dog of the Year this year.  They have been featured on ABC's World New Tonight highlighting the great work that SDP has accomplished through the years.

SDP has had many successes and recently was acknowledged in People Magazine for their work with Hunter and his wonderful companion Wendy:

Hey, one of SDP's dogs (Team Hunter and his beloved Wendy) was just awarded Boy's Best Friend from People Magazine!

Thumbnail 

They are a wonderful organization and I am so glad to be a part of their efforts . . . I had had a bad day at work and was so happy to come home to their calendar I order every year as it cheered me up immediately . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting.  I enjoyed laughing at the cute kids and their dogs, I love Great Danes, especially the harlequins. The baby in the bouncer was the best.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie:

Just saw "Lady Darla" on FB - isn't she cute?